Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KENT PICKS UP MORE POINTS AT LE MANS MOTO3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KENT PICKS UP MORE POINTS AT #LEMANS #MOTO3

12TH PLACE FOR DANNY KENT IN LE MANS MOTO3
British rider Danny Kent picked up more Moto3 championship points on Sunday when he finished twelfth in the fifth round of the season, the Moto3 GP of France at the sweeping Le Mans circuit.

Kent is tenth in the points after Le Mans in what is shaping up to be a very hard fought battle for the title. He has scored points in all five races so far and is currently ranked tenth. The Husqvarna team is new to the Moto3 competition in 2014.

Husqvarna rider Niklas Ajo came close to a top ten finish but exited the race in the closing stages, after what had been up till then a good weekend at the French circuit, including a season’s best qualifying that put him on the second row of the grid. Ajo is in fifteenth place in the points reckoning.

Kent said he struggled a lot on the straights but was able to make up time in the corners on the Le Mans circuit.He also took a critical look at his own riding when he said. “I can’t be fighting so far down the field, with newcomers to the World Championship. I need to demand more of myself and be further up the field. We need to find solutions to our braking issues and find more speed. This definitely was not the weekend that we were expecting, but we need to keep pushing and giving our all in order to do better at the next race."

Factory team manager Aji Ajo said Danny’s start position was not perfect. “In the beginning he could not improve but finally at the end of the race he was showing good lap times and good speed but of course by then it was too late.”
Riders next compete at the Mugelo circuit in two weeks time.
Pic Caption: Danny Kent in action
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.