Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Motul Suzuki and Moss lead MX Nationals to Murray Bridg

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Motul #Suzuki and Moss lead MX Nationals to Murray Bridge

When the 2014 MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, returns to Murray Bridge in South Australia this Sunday, 18 May, Team Motul Suzuki's Matt Moss will lead the premier MX1 category into round four of the season.

Moss tied for the victory last time out at Wonthaggi, but was still able to extend his series lead by virtue of his Super Pole qualifying performance, and further seat time on board the RM-Z450 in the weeks leading up to SA is poised to pay off on Sunday.

Three rounds into the 2014 season Moss holds down a strong 22-point advantage in the standings, with round wins at both Broadford and Appin before he was credited second overall at Wonthaggi on countback.

"I've had a good week training and we've made some changes on the bike," Moss commented. "I've done a lot of motos on my track and I'm actually feeling a lot better than I have all season - we're a lot better than where we were.

"I'm fit and ready to go. It's not a track that I can remember too much success at in the past, but hopefully we can turn that around this weekend at get a victory. Getting a strong result in South Australia would be great for the championship."

As for Team Motul Suzuki teammate Rhys Carter, a refined program has seen him intensify his preparation in the lead-up to Murray Bridge and the sands of Wanneroo one week later, putting him in a positive frame of mind entering this weekend.

Carter has been a revelation in the MX1 ranks alongside Moss in 2014 to date, consistently knocking on the door of the five finishes in what is his rookie season aboard the RM-Z450. He's currently seventh in the title chase.

"All the additional bike time between rounds definitely helps and I've been on a harder training program during the past three weeks," Carter explained. "I want to get stronger in the last half of the final moto, so that's important entering the next two rounds.

"I've been working on my intensity on the first lap, which is what I have been lacking, so the plan is to put it all together as we learn more from week to week and build experience.

"The sandier soil coming up in the series should also be a benefit for me; more similar to what we have in New Zealand. That's what I grew up with, so the softer the track surface is the better I feel at nationals."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.