Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

PRINZ JUST MISSES QATAR SBK PODIUM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@PRINZ JUST MISSES #QATAR #SBK PODIUM

Team Suzuki Press Office – May 15.

#Suzuki International Europe rider Nina Prinz narrowly missed the podium at the fifth round of the Qatar Superbike Championship aboard her #GSX-R1000.

The 31-year-old German claimed fifth and fourth places aboard her HPC Power Suzuki, equipped with a new engine after a convincing start in practice before a crash in the qualifying session – although she started from third on the grid.

However, as the first race started, Prinz soon realised something wasn´t quite right with her suspension: “The forks didn´t work flawlessly and was blocking too-early when I was on the brakes; it must have been some damage from my earlier crash, but I didn´t notice the problem in the warm-up. The wind was blowing so hard that I wasn´t going full speed,” said Prinz who still managed to finish fifth despite the issue.

“Unfortunately the time between the races wasn´t sufficient to fully-repair the forks, so I had to make the best out of the situation. There’s four races left in the championship and I want to get strong enough results now to get in the top-three by the end of the season,” she added.

The remaining events of the Qatar Superbike Championship will be held on May 23-24th and June 6-7th.

Result race 9: 1. Alex Cudlin, AUS, (Kawasaki), 2. Nasser Al Malki, QAT, (BMW), 3. Mashel Al Naimi, QAT, (Honda), 4. Saed al Sulaiti, QAT, (Kawasaki), 5. Nina Prinz, GER, (HPC Power Suzuki).

Result race 10: 1. Alex Cudlin, AUS, (Kawasaki), 2. Nasser Al Malki, QAT, (BMW), 3. Mashel Al Naimi, QAT, (Honda), 4. Nina Prinz, GER, (HP Power Suzuki), 5. Rajini Krishnan, IND, (Suzuki).

QSBK Championship Standings (after 5 rounds): 1. Alex Cudlin, AUS, (Kawasaki), 230 points, 2. Nasser Al Malki, QAT, BMW, 184, 3. Mashel Al Naimi, QAT, (Honda), 159, 4. Nina Prinz, GER, (HP Power Suzuki), 126, 5. Saed al Sulaiti, QAT, (Kawasaki), 107.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.