totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

PELA RENET DELIVERS A WINNING RESULT FOR BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA F

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

PELA RENET DELIVERS A WINNING RESULT FOR #BEL-RAY #HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING AT THE ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GP OF GREECE.

Claiming a hard fought victory on day one at the hot, dry and dusty GP of Greece in Kalambaka, Renet continued his battle for championship honours in the Enduro 2 category. Entering Greece having agonisingly missed out on winning at the previous round of the series in Portugal, the Husqvarna rider was determined to secure a race win this time around.

Starting day one inside the top three, the Frenchman upped his pace in the second half of the day to claim the win. Despite pushing hard throughout day two, Renet was unable to make it a perfect 1-1 result in Greece and had to settle for second.

In the Enduro 3 class, France’s Mathias Bellino again figured highly at the sharp end of the results. Gaining confidence in the dry terrain, Bellino recorded his best performance of the series to date. Ending day one in second, the Husqvarna rider produced another consistent ride on day two to place third.

Following his recent shoulder injury, the GP of Greece was about salvaging points for Enduro 1 class rider Thomas Oldrati. Despite riding in pain on the unforgiving terrain, the Italian dug deep to place sixth on day one and then improved one position to fifth on day two.

Returning to top form following his crash at the season opener in Catalunya, Enduro Junior class rider Loic Larrieu recorded a double podium result in Greece. Settling into the tricky conditions well, the Frenchman placed third on day one. Starting day two strongly, Larrieu upped his pace as the day progressed to secure the runner-up result on the final lap.

Fourth on day one before improving to third on day two, Sweden’s Albin Elowson enjoyed a confidence building ride in the 125 Youth Cup.

The FIM Enduro World Championship continues with round four in Finland on June 7/8.

Pela Renet: “Obviously winning on the first day was great. I rode well and took advantage of mistakes others were making. It was close at the end of the day, with only a few seconds between us, so I was very happy to win. I really pushed to the limit. I can't explain why I didn't feel as good on day two as I did on day one, but it was like that for me. I had a few problems at the start of the day, but I came back a little and managed to finish second. I wasn’t too far away from Antoine, so it wasn’t bad at all, but honestly I had no answer for him.”

Mathias Bellino: “It’s been the best GP so far this year for me. I really feel like step-by-step I am returning to my true level. I made some mistakes, but also put in some really good special test times, so overall I am very happy. I made a big, big mistake on the first downhill and thought my day was over. I went off the track and jumped into a creek, but amazingly I managed to ride back onto the track and everything was ok. Thankfully day two was a lot less exciting. A good event.”

Thomas Oldrati: “It’s been a tough weekend for me. The first day was hard because I had a lot of pain in my shoulder after one of the jumps in the extreme test. Day two started well with a good feeling and a good time in the enduro test. I finished fifth, which I’m happy with, and now I have some time to prepare for the Scandinavian events where my focus is to return to the podium.”

Loic Larrieu: “I feel a lot better than I did at the GP of Greece, but my neck injury still isn't 100 per cent. I made a much calmer start to the event and managed to finish third on day one, where I finished the day with good speed. Day two I started well but crashed on the second test, which affected my confidence a little for the rest of the day. I managed to finish second, which is good, but I can improve my riding so I can fight for victories.”

Results – Enduro World Championship, Rnd 3

Enduro 1
Day 1: 1. Nambotin; 2. Tarroux; 3. Boissiere; 4. Guerrero; 5. Jaume Betriu (Husqvarna); 6. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna)…
Day 2: 1. Remes; 2. Nambotin; 3. Guerrero; 4. Tarroux; 5. Oldrati…

Enduro 2
Day 1: 1. Pela Renet (Husqvarna); 2. Meo; 3. Salvini; 4. Aubert; 5. Mena…
Day 2: 1. Meo; 2. Renet; 3. Aubert; 4. Jonathan Barragan (Husqvarna); 5. Mena…

Enduro 3
Day 1: 1. Cervantes; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna); 3. Phillips; 4. Corriea; 5. Joly…
Day 2: 1. Phillips; 2. Cervantes; 3. Bellino; 4. Seistola; 5. Correia…

Enduro Junior
Day 1: 1. Redondi; 2. McCanney; 3. Loic Larrieu (Husqvarna); 4. Mori; 5. Battig…
Day 2: 1. Redondi; 2. Larrieu; 3. McCanney; 4. Battig; 5. Mori…

125 Youth Cup
Day 1: 1. Soreca; 2. Pellegrinelli; 3. Herrera; 4. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna); 5. Miroir…
Day 2: 1. Soreca; 2. Pellegrinelli; 3. Elowson; 4. Miroir; 5. Benjamin Herrera…

Championship Standings (After Rnd 3)

Enduro 1: 1. Nambotin 117pts; 2. Guerrero 88; 3. Remes 80… 7. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna) 40…

Enduro 2: 1. Meo 114pts; 2. Pela Renet (Husqvarna) 106; 3. Aubert 86…

Enduro 3: 1. Cervantes 117pts; 2. Phillips 99; 3. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 83… 14. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 9…

Enduro Junior: 1. McCanney 112pts; 2. Redondi 106; 3. Loic Larrieu (Husqvarna) 92… 8. Jamie McCanney (Husqvarna) 46…

125 Youth Cup: 1. Soreca 105pts; 2. Miroir 76; 3. Pellegrinelli 72… 5. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna) 69…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.