Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Charlier set for Spanish GP return

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Charlier set for Spanish GP return

#Yamaha Factory Racing’s Christophe Charlier will be back on the works YZ250FM for the Grand Prix of Spain at Talavera de la Reina this weekend on May 10th/11th. The Corsican has been clocking the training laps and motos near his home and also in Italy for the past two weeks and is now determined to get right down to business after recovering from a fracture at the base of his right fibula sustained at Thailand for round two of the FIM Motocross World Championship.

“I’ve been working hard to get back and I feel happy on the bike,” he said. “It was so frustrating to pick up the injury that early. We talked about coming back for Valkenswaard last weekend [round six and the Dutch Grand Prix] but I haven’t been doing that much training in the sand so it made sense to get some more preparation done and look to Spain.”

The former European Champion and race winner in 2013 will jump straight back on his ‘23’ machine; the factory version of the new and advanced 2014 YZ250F. Charlier is keen to put his name in the top region of the leaderboard asap and boost the Yamaha ranks in the MX2 class in his final term in the category before he has to consider MXGP racing having reached the age limit of 23.

“The championship is now out of the picture but that means I really want to go for it for the rest of the season. I don't want to make any pressure or expectation but I do want to say that I am going to Talavera thinking of the top five and aiming for podiums after that. It will be good to be at the races with the team again.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.