Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI PODIUMS AT IDM SUPERSPORT OPENER

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SUZUKI PODIUMS AT IDM #SUPERSPORT OPENER

Team Suzuki Press Office – May 8.

Suzuki’s Tatu Lauslehto began his 2014 German IDM Supersport 600 campaign with two strong rides at the opening round at Lausitzring at the weekend.

The Team Suzuki Stoneline Mayer rider, who was among the front-runners in both races, said: "My last season was one to forget so I´m especially happy to be running up-front with the Suzuki GSX-R600. We battled hard for the positions and I had a lot of fun and I am certain our bike is capable of winning."

The Scandinavian took the title in 2012 and was fielding his own team last year as a privateer He added: "I feel very comfortable at the Suzuki Stoneline Mayer Team and hope we can enjoy much more success this year."

Vittorio Iannuzzo (HPC-Power Suzuki Racing Team) meanwhile experienced an unlucky start to the IDM season Superbike season. The Italian, who arrived as one of the title favorites at the Lausitzring, suffered a setback on Saturday during qualifying. Iannuzzo crashed, picking up bruises to his hip, knee and wrist. He said: "Under these circusmstances I was only able to minimise the damage," said the 31-year-old. His ninth place in race two was considered a success under the circumstances.

Sarah Heide (Team Suzuki Laux ADAC Sachsen) was even worse off than her fellow racer. The only woman in the field was happy to take seventh place in Saturday´s qualifying, but her ambitions were shattered on the first lap on Sunday. "I lost the front end in turn four and went down," explained the German. "Unfortunately my bike was heavily damaged and we failed to get it ready for the second moto."

In the Superbike category Erwan Nigon replaced Vincent Philippe, who was injured at the Bol d’Or World Endurance Opener last month. The Frenchman did a good job on a track he knew from previous races. He gelled well with the unfamiliar HPC-Power Suzuki and impressed as the only front-runner to make a pass stick in the final lap against Michael Ranseder. "Fourth place is a good result considering it´s been my first race with the HPC-Suzuki," the 30-year-old said. "I´m happy to be given the chance to be back racing in the IDM. I enjoyed the competition."

The support programme of the IDM opener saw the first race of the Suzuki GSX-R750 Cup. The brand new series remains highly popular, attracting 43 riders to the line fighting for the first championship points of the season. "Even though this clearly is a mass sport we saw impressive lap times and exciting duels," said co-organiser Peter Bales. The initial race wins went to Dirk Schnieders and Kjel Karthin.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.