Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOP-FIVE FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY SUZUKI MXGP

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOP-FIVE FOR #ROCKSTAR ENERGY #SUZUKI #MXGP

Team Suzuki Press Office – May 3.

Bright skies graced the first day of activity at Valkenswaard for the Grand Prix of the Netherlands and Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MXGP qualified for the first sandy event of the 2014 FIM Motocross World Championship with Kevin Strijbos classifying fourth and Clement Desalle in fifth with the works RM-Z450s.

The dark Dutch sand was a bumpy and difficult prospect with the three support classes helped to churn the surface into a technically demanding lap; both for the riders and the machinery.

Strijbos was consistent for most of the day and a decent start saw the Belgian circulate with Gautier Paulin and Jeremy Van Horebeek for most of the 20 minute and two-lap duration. Strijbos secured a safe fourth spot – the same overall ranking that he took at this Grand Prix in 2013 – but is aiming for his second podium of the season tomorrow. Desalle was working hard with the team throughout the afternoon to find the optimal set-up for his ride. The GP of Trentino winner did not succeed by the end of the day and a small crash in the Heat race meant that he had to regain two positions to finish fifth. Desalle still has the warm-up session tomorrow to try some more modifications ahead of the two 30 minute and two-lap motos that will constitute this sixth round of 18 in the series.

Kevin Strijbos:

“Today went OK. Practice was good. We changed the linkage for the qualification race and it was for the better. I was fourth out of the start and stayed there the whole time. My riding was OK and I didn’t get any arm-pump. The three of us had similar speed so it was not easy to think about passing. I tried once or twice to overtake Paulin but could not make it happen. Fourth place is fine for the start and the race is Sunday; so will try for the same again and to make the podium.”

Clement Desalle:

“I came here with the goal to play with the bike and enjoy my riding but it was difficult today. I feel like I am actually fighting the bike on this track so we will look at the set-up and try something different for tomorrow to find a better feeling. My start was so-so in the Heat race. I was sixth or seventh and then had a crash and worked to come back to fifth. Some mistakes and I don't feel super but we will try for better tomorrow.”

MXGP Qualification Heat:

1. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), 24:47.567;
2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:09.375;
3. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:11.446;
4. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:14.663;
5. Clement Desalle (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:37.726;
6. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, Honda), +0:43.907;
7. Tyla Rattray (RSA, Husqvarna), +0:46.394;
8. Joel Roelants (BEL, Honda), +0:48.898;
9. Steven Frossard (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:53.139;
10. Tanel Leok (EST, TM), +1:04.094;
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.