Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Clout Consolidates MX2 Red Plate At Wonthaggi

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Clout Consolidates MX2 Red Plate At #Wonthaggi

#Serco #Yamaha's Luke Clout continues to carry the point's leaders red plate after another good performance at round three of the MX Nationals held at the Wonthaggi Circuit, in Victoria.

Clout carries a 13 point lead in the MX2 championship after three rounds and finished second for the day at Wonthaggi with 1-5 results in the two point scoring motos.

Clout started the day out strongly and posted the second fastest lap time in qualifying on the fast and loamy track. Race one saw him just inside the top 10 on the opening laps but he relentlessly picked off the riders in front of him until he hit the lead in the closing laps to take an impressive race win.

Moto two didn't pan out as expected and Clout was fighting his way forward from a mid pack start. He wasn't able to find the same speed as moto one and could only manage a fifth come race end.

"Qualifying and moto one went well. I was able to generate good speed and make the passes when I needed to. I just had it in my mind to pass whoever was in front of me without thinking about my position in the race and I managed to pull off the win.

"Race two and I just couldn't get the same flow going. I was getting frustrated and think I was almost trying too hard and as a result not flowing and making mistakes.

"But second for the day is good and I keep the red plate. I want to work on making my second motos better, so that's my goal for round for is to put two motos together of fast and consistent racing," Clout signs off.

Teammate Jay Wilson was in a fast freight train of riders in both his motos with riders jockeying for position the entire 30 minutes in both races. He took a seventh in moto one but the top 10 in the field were a close knit bunch and Wilson could see the leader from his position on the track.

An average start in race two had Wilson working hard to stay in touch with the lead pack. He clawed his way forward to finish in 10th place at race end and his combined 7-10 finishes gave him eighth overall for the round.

He now sits in sixth place in the championship after three rounds.

"I felt like I was riding pretty well and there were a heap of riders that were pretty evenly matched so making passes and charging forward was hard work," Wilson explains. "I mistimed my start in race two and was way back and as they had watered the track during the break, it was more difficult to get by the other guys."

Round four of the MX Nationals heads for Murray Bridge in South Australia on May 18. For more information on the MX Nationals and a full list of results, www.mxnationals.com.au

To follow Serco Yamaha on social media : www.facebook.com/sercoyamaha or @sercoyamaha on Instagram.

Round Three Results- Wonthaggi
MX2

Luke Clout
Qualifying: P2
Race 1: 1st
Race 2: 5th
Overall: 2nd place

Jay Wilson
Qualifying: P3
Race 1: 7th
Race 2: 10th
Overall: 8th place

1st Kayne Lamont - 67
2nd Luke Clout - 61 (Serco Yamaha)
3rd Hamish Harwood - 60
4th Luke Arbon - 51
5th Errol Willis - 51
6th Brenden Harrison - 50
7th Kale Makeham- 46
8th Jay Wilson - 45 (Serco Yamaha)
9th Geran Stapleton - 44
10th Jake Emanuelli - 42

Championship Standings - After Round Three
1st Luke Clout - 207
2nd Kayne Lamont - 194
3rd Hamish Harwood - 192
4th Brenden Harrison - 180
5th Kale Makeham - 167
6th Jay Wilson - 149
7th Errol Willis - 140
8th Wade Hunter - 140
9th Luke Arbon - 137
10th Ryan Marmont - 135
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.