Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Purvines Round 5 Update

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Purvines Round 5 Update

The Beta/Purvines Race team made their way to Lucerne Valley, California this past weekend for Round 5 of the AMA National Hare and Hound Series. Current points leader, Beta USA's Nick Burson, started his day off slow but eventually made his way into the 3rd place position as he capitalized on a mistake from FMF/KTM's Ivan Ramirez.

Burson comments on his final push for the podium saying, "Although I had some more work cut out for me to get on the podium, I just put my head down and kept charging and about halfway through loop 2 I started catching dust and once I finally got close enough I could see it was Ivan Ramirez. I got right behind him and then he started to pick up his pace again. I just rode behind him for a while until he missed the course and I made the pass. From there on I was just smooth and consistent and salvaged a 3rd place finish out of a bad day. All in all it was a good day towards the ultimate goal of a championship."

Nick Burson continues to lead the points after five rounds.

Axel Pearson came into Round 5 looking for redemption after a rough Round 4, and was able to put together a solid day aboard the Beta for a top 15 overall finish. After quickly swapping brake systems in the pits, Pearson continued to charge. Pearson reflects on his day, "The last loop I rode a good race and passed up to 8th overall by the finish. I am happy to finish and gain some points!"

Axel Pearson en route to 8th overall

Teammate Tallon Taylor climbed his way into the overall after helping a fellow fallen rider early in the race. Because there was little dust in the back, Taylor continued to pick off riders until the finish. Taylor summarizes his day saying, "I am pretty happy with the day, on paper it doesn't look too good but it was the best I have rode all year I feel like, so I am happy about that! I definitely think that I would have at least had a top 10 today if I hadn't stopped, but I don't regret doing that for a second! I really can't thank the Purvines team enough for all their support this season! I haven't been getting the results that they expect out of me but they have stuck behind me and want me to succeed as bad as I want too!"

Nick Burson helped conduct a new-racer clinic for the kids on SAT morning

Round 6 resumes on May 3rd in Jericho, Utah where Nick Burson looks to extend his points lead. Lastly, the Beta USA/Purvines Team wishes Justin Morrow a speedy recovery.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.