Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOP TEN FINISHES FOR HUSQVARNA RIDERS IN MOTO3 ARGENTINA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOP TEN FINISHES FOR @HUSQVARNA #RIDERS IN #MOTO3 #ARGENTINA

Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo factory rider Danny Kent and supported rider Niklas Ajo both finished in the top ten in a very competitive field in Rd. 3 of the Moto3 World Championship on the brand new circuit of Termas de Rio Hondo in Argentina.

Kent, who rides the Husqvarna FR 250 GP machine finished in ninth place and Ajo in eighth after what had been a positive and promising weekend for them but on race day it was tyre wear that slowed them down in the final stages, according to team manager Aki Ajo.

“Right from the beginning it had been quote a good weekend with both riders improving their pace. Danny did really well to be third in qualifying and Niklas was seventh. The race today was a big fight and both were in the top group for a long time but finally they had to slow down because their front tyres were quite destroyed,” Ajo commented after the race.

Kent, who returns to Moto3 after a season in Moto2 had his best qualifying so far in the first three rounds. He was on the front line of the grid with championship leader Jack Miller and Efren Vazquez. He got away well and stayed in touch with the lead group for the first part of the race then dropped back to sixth. Then in the final four laps Kent and Ajo were together contesting eighth place and crossed the line almost together.

Danny Kent: "We had a good start. I put myself in the lead group and was going at the pace of the qualifying session. After the first ten laps, the front tire was very worn and I almost crashed several times. On the last lap I overtook my teammate, but after his final move, I finished ninth. I'm happy because in general this weekend we took an important step forward in free practice and in the qualifying session. Also in the set-up for the race. All we need to analyze what happened with the front tyre and keep improving for Jerez."

The competition now returns to Europe for Rd. 4 in Jerez, Spain next weekend.
Moto3 Results
1, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 38’34.451
2, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda, 38’34.550
3, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 38’34.991
4, Livio Loi, BEL, Kalex KTM, 38’35.075
5, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 38’39.981
6, Efren Vazquez, ESP, Honda, 38’40.104
7, Isaac Viñales, ESP, KTM, 38’43.416
8, Niklas Ajo, FIN, Husqvarna, 38’49.436
9, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna, 38’49.494
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.