Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Motul Suzuki's Moss and Carter confident for Wonthaggi

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Motul #Suzuki's Moss and Carter confident for #Wonthaggi

Team Motul Suzuki's Matt Moss will aim for a third consecutive MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, round victory on Sunday, 27 April, when the series continues at Wonthaggi in Victoria.

Defending national champion Moss has been the dominant factor so far in 2014, winning the opening two rounds of the season to stretch an early 20-point advantage in the premier MX1 championship standings.

An aggravated shoulder injury has sidelined Moss in recent weeks directly following the Appin round of the title chase, but he's confident that he'll be able to carry on his race-winning form aboard the RM-Z450 when the gates drop on Sunday.

"I really like Wonthaggi," Moss commented. "It's where I got on the podium last year for the first time and where I got my first Super Pole, so it was a weekend where I felt we were really able to get last year's championship on track.

"Training hasn't really gone to plan since round two; my shoulder has been causing me some problems so I have only ridden twice since Appin. It's been a week and a half off the bike, but I'm looking forward to getting back on it this weekend.

"I'm feeling good now though, the shoulder will be ready to go and I have good memories at the place. The track there's loamy, a bit hard-pack in places, and I enjoy it. For us what's important is to keep doing what we have been doing and score good points for the championship every event."

Teammate Rhys Carter has been a revelation of sorts since joining Team Motul Suzuki in 2014, currently position seven in the championship after consistently featuring inside the top 10 to open his account. With further seat time on the RM-Z450, the MX1 rookie looks to make additional progress on Sunday.

"I'm probably looking forward to this round even more than the first two," Carter explained. "It's a bit softer soil more similar to what I grew up with and I've had more time on the bike in the past couple of weeks.

"It's all getting better and better, I'm feeling more comfortable in MX1 and I'm learning a lot. At the moment it's a matter of taking things round by round, but I know where I can be and where I should be now. Everything is going to plan."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.