Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI READY FOR ASSEN WSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI READY FOR #ASSEN #WSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – April 23.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki returns to the iconic Assen TT Circuit in The Netherlands this weekend for the third round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship hoping to strengthen its current third place in the Manufacturer Standings.

Eugene Laverty wants to capitalise on the progress made so far with the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 after his gripping comeback performance at Motorland Aragon in Spain; clinching fifth and sixth places after early-lap incidents relegated him to the mid-pack in both races. Laverty has a strong history at the Dutch track, with a front-row start and race-two win on his last visit, plus a podium-spot the year before; and the Irishman is confident he can run at the front astride his Yoshimura-powered Suzuki.

Alex Lowes has equally-strong memories of ‘The Cathedral’ having taken both pole position and a dramatic race-one victory here last year on his way to clinching the British Superbike Championship. Lowes is looking forward to strengthening his rookie campaign as part of the British-based World Superbike team with his first visit to a circuit he knows well; and continuing his education aboard the Suzuki GSX-R1000.

With historical links dating back to the first Dutch Tourist Trophy in 1925, the remodelled and renamed Assen TT Circuit has been a favourite on the World Superbike calendar since 1992. Located just outside the Drenthe province’s capital city, to the north east of The Netherlands, Assen’s iconic track was further redesigned in 2006. Now measuring 4,542m, the famously fast and flowing circuit has 17 high-speed and heavily-cambered corners – six left-hand and 11 rights – providing some of the most-exciting racing at world-class level and attracting a strong and passionate crowd year-on-year.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki will take to the track on Friday morning for the first of three timed-for-qualifying free practice sessions ahead of Saturday afternoon’s Superpole shoot-out. Sunday’s two races will run at 10:30hrs local time (09:30 BST) and 13:10hrs local time (12:10 BST).

Eugene Laverty:

“I knew that Aragon was going to be a difficult circuit for us but I'm confident that the next three circuits will suit the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R better. Assen is a fantastic track and very enjoyable to ride. My aim is to climb back onto that rostrum again as soon as possible and I feel optimistic ahead of Assen. We're working hard to improve our package and we certainly gained more knowledge about the GSX-R at the previous round. If there's one positive to be taken from a difficult weekend then it's the vital lessons learned.”

Alex Lowes:

“I’m really looking forward to Assen this weekend. It’s the first track on the World Superbike calendar that I have raced at previously so it will give me a great opportunity to get to grips with the Suzuki GSX-R at a circuit I know well. I’ve been training hard as usual and I’m feeling good, so I’m raring to go for the third round.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.