Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

European EMX series sees YZ two-strokes on song

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#European #EMX series sees YZ two-strokes on song

The Grand Prix of Bulgaria last weekend was a difficult but spectacular stage for Yamaha’s two-stroke motocross technology to come to the fore as French teenager David Herbreteau grasped his first victory of the eight round European EMX125 championship.

Over fifty of Europe’s fastest young riders travelled to the rutty, bumpy and hilly Sevlievo circuit for what was the second fixture of eight in the 2014 contest. EMX125 is a perfect showcase for emerging talent in the sport and is seen as an essential step on the career ladder for aspiring racers hoping to progress into EMX250 and then finally MXGP and the FIM Motocross World Championship.

Herbreteau is one of the promising ‘livewires’ of the fiercely competitive category and his confident victory on Sunday morning (the EMX series’ fill the support card at Grands Prix for premium exposure and vital learning experience on GP standard tracks) was his first and the opening salvo for Yamaha; the manufacturer also seeing the excellent YZ125 motorcycles fill another three positions at the top of the leaderboard. Only a crash on the first lap of Moto1 on Saturday (and a chase back to ninth) stopped the MJC Yamaha rider from walking the podium.

“Overall I’m really happy,” he said. “I was third in the timed practice but I found the track hard work. I crashed in the first corner after a bad start in the first race. I broke the front brake but managed to keep on going and finished ninth.”

“Today was a very, very good day and it was payback for my work,” Herbreteau said on Sunday afternoon. “I had a better start and was third and then focussed on passing Davy [Pootjes] and Micky [Ivanov]. To finish third was really good. It is really cool to win here and I want to thank Yamaha, all the team and my parents. The YZ125 is a nice bike and we’ve worked hard to get it just right for me. Today it was perfect.”

Other YZ racers included Nataneal Bres recording sixth position overall and Alvin Ostlund just behind with seventh place. The EMX250 campaign – with a Yamaha ‘select’ piloting YZ250F material – launched in Bulgaria with Arnaud Aubin and Nicolas Dercourt filling slots in the top fifteen.

The 125s reconvene in two weeks time for their third fixture by travelling to the sand of Valkenswaard for the Grand Prix of the Netherlands.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.