Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Husqvarna Racing News – The Tough One

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Husqvarna #Racing News – The Tough One

ALFREDO @GOMEZ CLAIMS A PODIUM RESULT FOR BEL-RAY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING AT 10TH RUNNING OF THE TOUGH ONE

Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Alfredo Gomez ended the 2014 edition of The Tough One on a high, securing a well-deserved third place podium result. With the race celebrating it’s 10th edition at the iconic Hawkstone Park circuit, Gomez excelled on the course that featured a mixture of sandy motocross terrain and technical woodland climbs and descents.

After missing Hell’s Gate due to appendicitis, Gomez quickly settled into the three-hour race – his first major outdoor event of 2014. Starting inside the top five, the Husqvarna rider followed a race strategy that saw him up his pace once he’d reached the mid-way point of the race. With the challenging conditions taking their toll on competitors, Gomez fought his way up to third. Battling with teammate Graham Jarvis during the final hour, the Spaniard eventually pulled clear of the Brit to claim third.

Unsure of how the fast paced circuit would suit him, Jarvis struggled early on. Unable to shake off a bad case of arm pump, he placed outside the top ten during the first hour of the race. As he started to find his rhythm the Husqvarna rider began to charge his way forward. Catching up to Gomez he momentarily found a way past until his teammate retaliated. Unable to respond, Jarvis finally settled for fourth.

Competing at The Tough One, Husqvarna supported rider Jane Daniels enjoyed a strong ride in the Expert class. Using the event as training for the Enduro World Championship, Daniels ended the race in 12th.

Alfredo Gomez: “I’m so happy to finish in third. I’ve only been riding a bike for four weeks since my appendix operation so to come away with a result like this is fantastic. I knew the three-hour format would be tough. My strategy was to get a good start and ride at a comfortable pace for the first hour. I stuck to my plan and was about fourth early on. After that I got up to third and began to build my speed. Graham caught me on the final hour but I knew I had a little in reserve and gave it everything I had. After missing Hell’s Gate due to my illness it’s brilliant to be on the podium here.”

Graham Jarvis: “I expected the race to be very fast, which isn’t really my type of going. Early on I got some arm pump and wasn’t able to settle into the race as I wanted. Once it cleared I started to improve my pace and gain some positions. Things were going well and I managed to pass Alfredo for third. But with about 30 minutes to go my energy dropped and I couldn’t hold my position. It’s unfortunate – I really wanted to finish on the podium but considering this isn’t my type of race I’m pleased to come away with fourth.”

Jane Daniels: “It’s been a hard race with a couple of crashes but overall it’s gone quite well. I just tried my best to stay safe and get some bike time in as my focus is on the Enduro World Championship and not Hard Enduro. My start was ok but there was a lot of dust on the first lap and I had to pick my way through some of the trickier sections on the course. After a couple of laps I settled into it a lot better and pushed as hard as I could to the finish. It’s been a lot of fun.”

Results – The Tough One 2014

Pro Class
1. David Knight (Sherco) 18 laps, 3:00:24; 2. Jonny Walker (KTM) 3:02:19; 3. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 3:09:24; 4. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 3:11:46; 5. Paul Bolton (KTM) 17 laps, 3:01:16…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.