Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

CDR Yamaha Duo Feel the Need for Speed

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

CDR #Yamaha Duo Feel the #NeedforSpeed

The CDR Yamaha pairing of Billy Mackenzie and Jay Marmont turned in two consistent motos at round two of the MX Nationals to have both riders placed well inside the top 10 in the premier MX1 division but are fully aware that they need to pick up the pace if they are to pose a serious threat to the MX Nationals championship crown.

Mackenzie was consistent, pulling down a fourth place finish in both motos but knows that he will have to pick up the pace to run right at the front week in, week out, in the 10 round championships. After a fast but inconsistent start at round one, Mackenzie focused on putting two races together at round two and now is searching for a way to combine the consistency at Appin, with the raw speed he produced at Broadford.

"I’m trying to find the balance of going as fast as I can but at the same time, ensuring I pick up points in each and every race. Looking back at Appin, I probably rode a bit conservatively on my way to fourth and I need to push a bit harder to be right in the mix," Mackenzie reflects.

"I’m sitting fifth in the championship after two rounds, so there is time to make up the points, with eight rounds to go. I just need to ride with freedom."

Jay Marmont showed an improvement at Appin, racking up 9-6 results on his way to seventh overall for the round. Marmont also earned a spot in the top five, Go-Pro Superpole event for the fastest five qualifiers and looks to have gained some confidence from his Appin performance.

"In no way am I satisfied with seventh but it is a step forward from the opening round and I felt better on the bike," Marmont explains. "There is still plenty of work to be done but I feel we have the bike working really well and I just need to not over complicate things and just ride it as fast as I can until someone tells me to stop.

"But I feel like a gained some momentum at Appin and things are starting to come around."

Team owner, Craig Dack agrees with the sentiments of his riders and hopes the upswing in form continues at the coming rounds.

"Both guys recognise that they are just a bit off the pace of the front runners and we have some work to do to bridge the gap. The bikes look great on the track and both riders are happy with their performance so we just have to work with Billy and Jay to bring out the speed in them.

"Both guys are race winners on their day so we will continue to work towards that goal and the results will again be a step forward at Wonthaggi at the next round."

Round three of the MX Nationals heads for the black loamy dirty of Wonthaggi in Gippsland Victoria. It is the three moto, 20 minute race format and CDR Yamaha team will be looking for a big points haul.

Round Two Results – Appin Raceway
MX1
1st Matt Moss – 70
2nd Jake Moss – 64
3rd Kirk Gibbs – 60
4th Billy Mackenzie – 56 (CDR Yamaha)
5th Jacob Wright – 49
6th Hayden Mellross – 49
7th Jay Marmont – 47 (CDR Yamaha)
8th Rhys Carter- 46
9th Kade Mosig – 44
10th Adam Monea – 43

MX1 championship standings
1st Matt Moss – 173
2nd Kirk Gibbs – 153
3rd Adam Monea – 140
4th Jake Moss – 139
5th Billy Mackenzie – 125
6th Kade Mosig – 120
7th Rhys Carter – 120
8th Jay Marmont – 115
9th Hayden Mellross – 114
10th Jacob Wright - 105
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.