Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Motul Suzuki's Moss extends MX Nationals lead with Appi

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Motul #Suzuki's Moss extends MX Nationals lead with #Appin sweep

Team Motul Suzuki's Matt Moss extended his lead in the MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, at Appin in New South Wales on Sunday, racing to a pair of flawless victories aboard the RM-Z450.

Moss took his second overall victory from two rounds to date in 2014, qualifying third in Super Pole before controlling both 30-minute motos at Appin to build an early 20-point advantage in the championship standings.

The effort saw Moss sweep the round from twin brother Jake Moss, while Kirk Gibbs completed the podium.

"I'm super-happy with this," Moss reflected. "Even though we won at the first round, it didn't really go to plan, but this time we did and it was a good race for us. I'm excited about having Jake challenge me, it was nice to dominate this class today, and we will keep moving forward from here.

"The bike is actually better than it's ever been right now. Jay convinced me to try some things in that second moto and it was even improved again, which is a big part of why this team is so strong. Decisions have been great so far and the results are there to show that, so thanks to everyone for helping us to make this happen."

Team Motul Suzuki teammate Rhys Carter was eighth overall in the Appin event, carding seventh in moto one and ninth in the second. The result sees him now tied for sixth in the standings after another promising performance.

"It was a good day for me," Carter said. "The first race was really good for me - I crashed a few turns in and went back to nearly last, so to finish seventh was good. My speed was definitely good.

"In race two I struggled a bit with the hard-pack surface, so that's something I need to spend more time on, but ninth was still a decent result considering. Overall the weekend was another good one for us."

Team manager Jay Foreman said it was another rewarding result for Team Motul Suzuki, impressed with Moss' form early in the season and certain he's even stronger than he was when winning the title last year.

"I'm very happy with today; Matt was back to his dominant self and it's another step in the right direction," Foreman commented. "Matt is gaining strength all the time and he's definitely mentally stronger than he was at the end of last year.

"Right now he's limiting his mistakes, which is the way he finished off last year, so it's positive to start this season on that same note. He has a higher intensity now and it's been a pleasure to start 2014 with both Matt and Rhys doing so well."

The MX Nationals series will continue with round three at Wonthaggi in Victoria to be held on Sunday, 27 April.

For further information on Team Motul Suzuki visit www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au on the web; Like Suzuki Motorcycles Australia on Facebook; or follow @suzukiaustralia on Intagram.

MX1 Appin overall results:
1. Matt Moss (Team Motul Suzuki) 70
2. Jake Moss 64
3. Kirk Gibbs 60
4. Billy Mackenzie 56
5. Jacob Wright 49
6. Hayden Mellross 49
7. Jay Marmont 47
8. Rhys Carter (Team Motul Suzuki) 46
9. Kade Mosig 44
10. Adam Monea 43

MX1 updated championship standings:
1. Matt Moss (Team Motul Suzuki) 173
2. Kirk Gibbs 153
3. Adam Monea 140
4. Jake Moss 139
5. Billy Mackenzie 125
6. Kade Mosig 120
7. Rhys Carter (Team Motul Suzuki) 120
8. Jay Marmont 115
9. Hayden Mellross 114
10. Jacob Wright 105
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.