Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Beaton And Todd Continue Good Form For GYTR Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Beaton And Todd Continue Good Form For #GYTR #Yamaha

Round two of the 2014 MX Nationals proved to be another good day for the GYTR Yamaha team as they continued their pursuit of the MXD (u19) championship at Appin Raceway, Sydney.

Just like round one at Broadford, the Appin track was unknown to Jed Beaton and Wilson Todd, but the riders quickly become accustomed to the rutty and challenging layout and returned more good results.

Jed Beaton finished third for the day on his YZ250F with 4-2 results in the two motos contested. His start in moto one left him with plenty of work to do and when the minute moto concluded, Beaton charged through to fourth place.

With the emphasis on a better start in race two, Beaton was inside the top five early in the race and began to move forward. He moved into second with a few laps to go and set sail for the leader, only to come up a few bike lengths short of the race win when the chequered flag flew.

He rounded out the day in third place, but more importantly, he holds onto the leaders red plate he earned after his victory at round one.

"To be honest, I didn't feel that good today. I was a bit flat all day and couldn't really get it going but it was good to be able to make it a reasonable finish despite not riding at my best and get a podium result.

"Starts were so important and I didn't get a good jump in the first moto and paid the price. Moto two was better and as a result, the finish was better so I need to keeping working on my starts and putting myself in a good position early in the race," Beaton signs off.

Wilson Todd continues to turn heads as the young charger rides with plenty of heart and spirit. Todd topped the qualifying sheets in the morning session and was confident of a good showing in race one.

Like Beaton, he also suffered from a bad start, made worse by some crashes in front of him during the opening lap. He fought on all race and managed to get to seventh and add some respectability to his ride.

Moto two and he was right in the thick of a heated battle in the early going. He moved into third and was on his way to the front before he fell and dropped back several positions. He remounted and again charged his way forward, finally finishing in third place and his 7-3 scores out him in fourth place for the round and moved him up to fifth in the championship.

"Today was better than round one, although I'm still not happy with race one. At this level, no rider can afford to get a bad start and expect to get to the front in 20 minutes.

"Race two was good except for that small crash which cost me a few positions.

"I was seventh at round one and now a fourth in round two so I hope to keep on moving up as the championship progresses," Todd said.

The black sands of Wonthaggi host round three of the MX Nationals on April 24/25.Both riders enjoy riding the softer terrain and it will make for a welcome change of the first two hard pack dirt rounds already contested.

Round two Results - Appin
MXD
1st Jack Simpson - 67
2nd Egan Mastin - 61
3rd Jed Beaton - 60 (GYTR Yamaha)
4th Wilson Todd - 54 (GYTR Yamaha)
5th Nathan Crawford - 54
6th Aaron Tanti - 50
7th Blake Colleton - 49
8th Kyle Webster - 49
9th Jesse McNally - 44
10th Braden Collins - 42

MXD championship standings
1st Jed Beaton - 156
2nd Egan Mastin - 155
3rd Jack Simpson - 152
4th Nathan Crawford - 145
5th Wilson Todd - 125
6th Jayden Rykers - 106
7th Brock McLeary - 101
8th Jarrod Kelly - 96
9th Jesse McNally - 95
10th Kyle Webster - 90
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.