Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda in Spanish Supersport mix

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Pata #Honda in Spanish #Supersport mix

Michael van der Mark was third fastest after today’s two free practice sessions for Sunday’s two second round World Supersport championship races at Motorland Aragon in Spain.

The Dutch flyer is seeking his first points of the 2014 campaign after crashing out at the opening round in Australia and ended the day just two tenths of a second from Jules Cluzel’s provisional pole position time.

Van der Mark’s Pata Honda team-mate, Lorenzo Zanetti, also left Australia with a no-score after injuring his finger in a qualifying crash. However, the Italian rider was satisfied with fifth place today and expects more from tomorrow’s third free practice session ahead of qualifying in the afternoon.

Michael van der Mark - P3, 2m02.684s

I’m quite happy with the performance today, especially following the long break after Phillip Island. I had to get used to the bike again and we had some new stuff to try, which actually didn’t work out how we wanted. But at the end of the first day the second session went really well and I’m happy with today’s result. I think we can go much faster tomorrow.

Lorenzo Zanetti - P5, 2m03.160s

I’m happy to be back on the bike after a month and a half. I needed to check my condition as well and, although I have some pain, I can ride at a good level and stay in the top five. I’m not 100% but I want to fight for the podium here. I had a bit of traffic in the last two laps this afternoon, but I’m only half a second from the front. We are still working on the tyre and some have other things to improve so I’m happy with where we are today.

Pieter Breddels - technical co-ordinator

Michael had some engine braking problems this morning as a result of some new things we were trying. They didn’t work out very well so we went back to what we know this afternoon and this immediately gave him an improvement. He’s third and still has a bit of work to do on his last sector, so it’s looking good. Lorenzo is in good shape considering his injury. It hurts a little but it doesn’t seem to be a big factor. There are a few things on his bike that we need to work on but it’s been a pretty good day for the Supersport team.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.