totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

THE BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING TEAM ARE POISED AND REA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

THE #BEL-RAY #HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING TEAM ARE POISED AND READY FOR THE START OF THE 2014 FIM ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH RETURNS TO ACTION TODAY AT THE GP OF CATALUNYA IN SOLSONA, SPAIN.

BRINGING TOGETHER SEVERAL OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP’S MOST EXPERIENCED RIDERS WITH FOUR TALENTED YOUNGSTERS, THE GP OF CATALUNYA MARKS THE START OF WHAT WILL BE A DEMANDING AND HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SERIES FOR THE BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING TEAM.

Hoping to deliver a strong result for Husqvarna Motorcycles in the Enduro 1 class is Italy’s Thomas Oldrati, the team’s sole rider in E1. Hampered by injury during 2013, Oldrati is both fit and highly motivated as he starts his quest to put his FE 250 on the EWC podium.

Runner-up in the Enduro 2 class in 2013, France’s Pela Renet is one of Husqvarna’s main hopes for success in the EWC this year. A world champion in 2012, Renet has what it takes to return to the top step of the podium aboard his FE 450. In the prestigious E2 class the Frenchman knows that competition will be extremely close, and that consistency will be one of the keys to success.

With two riders competing in the Enduro 3 class, Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing has high hopes for success in the championship’s biggest capacity category. Third overall in 2013, Sweden’s Joakim Ljunggren will contest the TE 300. France’s Mathias Bellino – the 2012 Enduro Junior World Champion – will race aboard the FE 501. Despite being hampered by injury in 2013, Bellino ended his season on a high with a race win at the final round in France. Determined to build on this during 2014, the young Frenchman has high hopes in 2014.

In the Enduro Junior class France’s Loic Larrieu – on the FE 350 – will be joined by 2013 125cc Youth Cup champion Jamie McCanney, riding his TE 250. In his debut season, Larrieu delivered a string of impressive results during the second half of the year including two race wins in Greece and France. Very much an expected title threat in 2014, Larrieu is aiming to secure his first world championship title. McCanney is also looking for success, moving up to the Junior class this year. Working tirelessly to overcome an injury sustained at the final of the SuperEnduro World Championship, the young Brit won’t be 100 per cent at the season opener but will no doubt improve as the series progresses.

Sweden’s Albin Elowson is very much among the favourite for success in the Youth Cup 125cc category on his TE 125 having finished as runner-up to McCanney in 2013.

Joining the team for 2014, Britain’s Jane Daniels will be pushing hard for a winning result in the Women’s class on her TE 125.

The eight-round FIM Enduro World Championship visits Spain, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Finland, Mexico, Italy and France.

Thomas Oldrati (Enduro 1 – FE 250): “In 2013 I won the Italian Enduro 2 Championship but struggled in the EWC due to a shoulder injury, so I don’t feel like I showed my true potential. But now it’s a new season and the new Husqvarna FE 250 is excellent. I’m happy with my pre-season testing and am hopeful of a positive start to the championship in Spain.”

Pela Renet (Enduro 2 – FE 450): “My goal is to win the Enduro 2 World Championship. But like every year it won’t be easy – there are a lot of very good riders in my class and the racing will be very close. Alex Salvini wants to retain his title, the arrival of Antoine Meo into E2 will be interesting and then Johnny Aubert is motivated to win having moved teams during the winter. So overall there are a lot of guys hungry to win. But I feel like I can do well. My winter training was good – I’m fit and healthy – and my FE 450 is very strong. I’m ready for the fight.”

Joakim Ljunggren (Enduro 3 – TE 300): “I think it will be an interesting year now that Christophe Nambotin has moved away from the Enduro 3 class. But there are a lot of new riders coming into the class too, so the competition will be tough. I think the racing will be tight – a good day will see you fight for the win but a poor day will see you struggle to reach the top five. Being consistent throughout the year will be very important.”

Mathias Bellino (Enduro 3 – FE 501): “Last year I missed the beginning of the season due to injury. That was frustrating because when I returned to the EWC it only took one race for me to reach the podium – despite it being my first season in the Senior classes. Ending such a difficult year with a victory was a brilliant feeling and it’s motivated me to work harder than ever during the winter. I feel like I’m in a much better position than this time 12 months ago. I love the FE 501. I’m confident with it and want to win the Enduro 3 World Championship on it.”

Loic Larrieu (Enduro Junior – FE 350): “Now that I have completed one full season of enduro I’m more confident about the season ahead – I have a better idea of what to expect and how to race for a championship. Winter training has been good. I feel like my speed and physical condition is where it needs to be to win. My goal is to fight for the Enduro Junior title – I know it won’t be easy but I hope to become world champion.”

Jamie McCanney (Enduro Junior – TE 250): “Starting the season coming off an injury isn’t great, but I’ve been working hard to be ready for the first two GPs. Before I got hurt things were going very well, and by fitness was better than it’s ever been. I’ve been off a bike for many weeks so I am not setting my goals too high – I simply want to get through the first two races and then get back to my best.”

Albin Elowson (Youth Cup 125cc – TE 125): “This will be my third season in the Youth Cup 125cc category and after a strong ride in 2013 my aim is to win the class this year. It’s my first season racing for Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing and I would love to reward the team with a title.”

Jane Daniels (Women – TE 125): “It’s a big honour to join the Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing team and I’m excited about the season ahead. With only four rounds the Women’s class is shorter than the men’s series but it also adds extra pressure – there is a real must to be consistent and fast at every round. Ending 2013 with a double victory was an incredible feeling and I’ve worked a lot during the off season to put myself into a position to win again.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.