Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Motul Suzuki set for MX Nationals defence with Moss and

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Motul #Suzuki set for MX Nationals defence with Moss and Carter

Team Motul Suzuki's reigning Australian Motocross Champion Matt Moss will commence his MX Nationals title defence this weekend when the world-class 2014 series commences at the Broadford State Motorcycle Sport Complex in Victoria on Sunday, 30 March.

After clinching last year's Australian Motocross and Supercross Championships for Team Motul Suzuki, Moss will return aboard the title-winning RM-Z450 this season alongside incoming New Zealand teammate Rhys Carter.

Moss will enter the 2014 series as the pre-season favourite following an impressive stint competing in American Supercross earlier this year, with continuity a key quality that he and the Jay Foreman-managed Team Motul Suzuki operation will take into Broadford's opener.

"I feel really good for this season, the lead-up has been strong and I'm confident we're ready from the opening round this year," Moss said. "It's a long series and I've defended number one plates before, so we will aim to be consistent and to win races - the championship will take care of itself if we get results every weekend. Jay and the team have been great, the support we have from everybody is perfect and I'm ready to go."

New signing Carter will also look to be competitive throughout the MX Nationals campaign, stepping up to the premier MX1 category alongside Moss after finishing sixth in MX2 last season. He's just concluded the New Zealand Championship and also has momentum on his side entering Broadford.

"It's a great opportunity and I'm really excited," 24-year-old Carter commented. "Obviously the team won two championships last year with Matt and their knowledge is invaluable. It's been really positive so far, there's not too much expectation on me, but I know where I want to be and I feel like I can do a good job. We'll gel with everything and then go from there."

Team Motul Suzuki manager Jay Foreman is excited to welcome in the new season with Moss and Carter, an impressive combination of both experience and youth between the pair. Winning back-to-back championships would be a dream come true for the Newcastle-based team.

"We've had a good pre-season - Matt's really fit and fast," Foreman explained. "We couldn't be happier to be honest, the bike is even better than last year and it's an all-new look, which we are really happy with. I believe Rhys will surprise a lot of people, he's got good bike skills and he's dedicated to training so it's just a matter of getting stronger throughout the season for him."

The 2014 MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, will start on Sunday, 30 March, at Broadford and span 10 rounds across the country this season.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.