Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI SET FOR JEREZ WSB TEST

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI SET FOR #JEREZ #WSB TEST

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 27.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki journeys to Jerez in southern Spain this weekend in preparation for a three-day private test commencing on Monday March 31st.

Eugene Laverty and Alex Lowes will both attend their second test at the 4,423m Circuito de Jerez as part of the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki squad, and are looking to build-on the progress made in the pre-season and at the Phillip Island opening races.

The British-based Crescent team has a large menu of test items for its Yoshimura-powered GSX-R. An updated engine specification with increased torque and top-end power, refined power-delivery and traction-control strategies, a range of chassis setting-options and a new rear swingarm - built by UK company FTR - will all be put through their paces at the Andalucían track. Laverty will also be testing different clutches in his search for better starting performance, while Lowes will use the test to assess his fitness on the Suzuki GSX-R1000 as he continues his rehabilitation following the high-side crash in Australia which resulted in multiple fractures to his left foot and ankle.

Historically a favourite test track amongst many top motorsport teams, Jerez combines a variety of low, medium and fast-speed curves throughout its eight right, and five left-hand corners, with two long high-speed straights, providing perfect conditions to put the Suzuki machines through their paces.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki will be present on track at Jerez from March 31st to April 2nd, before travelling on to Aragon, in Spain, for the second round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship a fortnight later.

Eugene Laverty:

"It's been more than a month since Round One and I'm itching to get riding again. We have some important test items in place for Jerez, so I'm praying for dry weather. Three days on track may sound like hard work, but I relish the opportunity to test and improve! My Voltcom Crescent Suzuki team has continued to work relentlessly during the break as we plan to continue our forward momentum."

Alex Lowes:

“I’m looking forward to getting back on the Suzuki GSX-R1000 after such a long break, and building on what we achieved as a team before the crash in Australia. I have been training hard to maintain my strength and aid the rehabilitation on my left foot. We have a lot of things to test, but my main agenda is to assess my own fitness and once I’m happy with that we can get into the full schedule. It feels like a long time since I last rode so I really can’t wait to get back on my bike!”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.