Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KENT PICKS UP MOTO3 CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS IN OPENING ROUND

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KENT PICKS UP #MOTO3 #CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS IN OPENING ROUND

British rider Danny Kent rode a solid race in the opening Moto3 GP of the season under lights at the Losail Circuit in Qatar to finish mid pack at thirteenth place to pick up the Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo Factory Team’s first ever world championship points.

Kent, who returns to Moto3 after a year away in Moto2 in 2013, had a second row start and got away well to be in third going into the first corner. He held onto a top five position for the first third of the 18-lap race but then slipped down the order to ride it out swapping between places 13 and 14.

The British rider was disappointed with his result but remains confident for the rest of the season. “ I was able to get a good start but I just wasn’t aggressive enough in the opening laps,” Kent said. “Luckily it is only the first round. It’s a long year and now we know our weaknesses so we can work hard in the next two weeks to try and improve for the next round in Austin.”

Factory team manager Aki Ajo: “It was the first race for Husqvarna and it could have been better for the team but I am quite confident that in the next races Danny has a really good chance to fight in the top positions and even for the podium.”

Kent and Husqvarna supported rider Niklas Ajo, who crashed and rejoined the race to be classified at 26th position are both riding the FR 250 GP Husqvarna machine.

Moto3 Rd. 1 Qatar
Results
1, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 38’05.810
2, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda, 38’06.043
3, Efren Vazquez, ESP, Honda, 38’06.090
4, Miquel Oliveira, POR, Mahindra, 38’06.105
5, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 38’06.179
13, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna 38’17.079

Moto3 Standings after Round 1
1, Miller, 25
2, Marquez, 20
3, Vazquez, 16
4, Oliveira, 13
5, Rins, 11
13, Kent, 3
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.