Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Lowes impresses as he makes his Moto2 debut

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Lowes impresses as he makes his #Moto2 debut

Sam Lowes finished his debut Moto2 race within the top-ten, claiming seventh place at the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar today.
Sam got his first Moto2 outing off to a solid start with his new team, starting the 20-lap race from the second row of the grid in fifth position. Suffering with a few bike set-up issues, the young-Brit swapped between eighth, ninth and tenth places during the first few laps.
By the seventh lap Sam had settled into a rhythm and had moved back into eighth place. He held onto this position until lap 15 when he went up to seventh, following a retirement from Dominique Aegerter.
The remaining five laps saw the Moto2 rookie hold onto this position and eventually crossed the finish line to complete his first GP race in a solid seventh position, with a time of 40’35.133. Sam was 14.170 seconds behind the first placed rider and 10.773 seconds ahead of the rider in eighth. He leaves Qatar with nine championship points and placed seventh overall.
The next round of the Moto2 championship will take place on Friday 11 to Sunday 13 April, at the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas.
Overall I’m pretty happy with that as my first time in Moto2 and Qatar. We didn’t show our full potential, as had some problems with the bike’s set up during the race, but was solid enough for the first race!
I lost time when Agerter’s bike was smoking in front of me so decided to keep my head down, finish and get the points.
Thanks to my team and everyone for the support, I’m exited now for the next race!

Moto2 2014 race results
Pos. Rider Num. Nat. Team Time
1 Esteve Rabat 53 ESP Marc VDS Racing Team 40'20.963
2 Takaaki Nakagami 30 JPN IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia 40'21.003
3 Mika Kallio 36 FIN Marc VDS Racing Team 40'22.022
4 Thomas Luthi 12 CHE Interwetten Paddock Moto2 40'24.704
5 Maverick Viñales 40 ESP Tuenti HP 40 40'25.006
6 Simone Corsi 3 ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing 40'26.793
7 Sam Lowes 22 GBR Speed Up 40'35.133
8 Sandro Cortese 11 DEU Dynavolt Intact GP 40'45.906
9 Jordi Torres 81 ESP Mapfre Aspar Team Moto2 40'46.159
10 Anthony West 95 AUS QMMF Racing Team 40'46.285
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.