Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

YOSHIMURA SUZUKI PODIUMS AT DAYTONA SBK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#YOSHIMURA #SUZUKI PODIUMS AT @DAYTONA #SBK

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 17.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing started the 2014 AMA Pro Superbike season with style as newest team rider Roger Hayden raced his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 to two second-placed finishes at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida at the weekend.

Team-mate Martin Cardenas also celebrated a podium-finish at the season-opening round, while Yoshimura Suzuki’s Chris Clark picked-up his best performance to date with two fourth-place results.

For new Yoshimura Suzuki rider Hayden, Daytona was a success - albeit bittersweet in some ways: He started the weekend by taking his second-ever Superbike pole position after setting the fastest qualifying lap, then in both 15-lap races, Hayden got good starts and turned flawless laps to battle for the lead; only to finish an extremely close second. Although Hayden admitted to some disappointment, he was pleased overall with his first race with the Yoshimura Suzuki squad.

Said Hayden: “This was a good first race for us as a team; to be battling with the leaders and almost getting the win. The Yoshimura Suzuki team has been working really hard to help me get comfortable on the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000. And while two second-placed finishes is great, to lose that closely is a little disappointing. But overall, leaving Daytona just one spot out of the points-lead is a positive step, and it’s a good way to start the year.”

Cardenas battled right there with Hayden for the first few laps in the first race, but then tucked the front end and went down. Undaunted, he rejoined the race in 20th place and worked his way up to 12th before the race’s end. In the second race, Cardenas was again right there with Hayden, swapping positions and battling for the lead before finishing in an impressive third place.

“Sunday was much better than Saturday,” said the Colombian rider. “On Sunday, I bounced back and had a good race. I was hoping for a little-better result but third was good enough on that day. I have to give it up to the Yoshimura Suzuki team; they worked on the GSX-R1000 overnight and I was able to maintain a better pace than the day before. I was hoping to make a last-lap charge in the draft but that wasn’t possible, so I’m happy with the result for me and for the Yoshimura Suzuki team.”

Rounding-out the Yoshimura Suzuki crew, Clark celebrated his best career Superbike finishes-ever at Daytona. The Las Vegas native got good starts on his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 in both races, put his head down; and turned consistently-smooth laps to bring home two solid fourth-placed results.

Said Clark: “I’m super-excited to get my best AMA Pro Superbike finishes so far. I have to say thanks to the Yoshimura Suzuki guys for giving me such a great bike as the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000. We were so close to the podium and I’m looking forward to getting up there soon. Overall, I’m just really excited about the whole weekend. This was great way to kick-off the year and I’m looking forward to continuing the pace and closing-down the gap with the front guys; and just having a really good year.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the second round of the 2014 AMA Pro Superbike Championships on May 30th – June 1st at Road America in Elkhart Lake.

Daytona Superbike Results, Race 1:

1. Josh Hayes (Yamaha)
2. Roger Hayden (Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
3. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha)
4. Chris Clark (Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
5. David Anthony (Suzuki)
6. Chris Fillmore (KTM)
7. Diego Pierluigi (Suzuki)
8. Taylor Knapp (Suzuki)
9. Cory West (EBR)
10. Stefano Mesa (Kawasaki)

Daytona Superbike Results, Race 2:

1. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha)
2. Roger Hayden (Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
3. Martin Cardenas (Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
4. Chris Clark (Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
5. David Anthony (Suzuki)
6. Chris Fillmore (KTM)
7. Diego Pierluigi (Suzuki)
8. Taylor Knapp (Suzuki)
9. Cory West (EBR)
10. Chris Ulrich (Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.