Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Double Daytona Delight for Yamaha with AMA Superbike Wins

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Double @Daytona Delight for @Yamaha with #AMA #Superbike Wins

Monster Energy Graves Yamaha teammates Josh Hayes and Cameron Beaubier kicked off the 2014 AMA Superbike Championship in style this weekend. The pair took both the season opening AMA Pro Superbike wins between them on their Yamaha YZF-R1s at the Daytona International Speedway.

Hayes was the first Yamaha man to take the win in last Friday’s race, grabbing the holeshot and hitting out in the lead. Teammate Beaubier was the only one to get a look in front but the Superbike rookie was unable to make anything stick and settled for an equally impressive podium finish in third for his first ever Superbike race.

Saturday’s race two looked like it was going to be a repeat of Friday’s domination by Hayes until a mechanical issue dropped him out of contention on the tenth lap. Beaubier was not far behind in third position and was quick to take up the challenge to score for Yamaha. The rookie closed in and passed Roger Hayden and Martin Cardenas swiftly to take a convincing lead which he held to the line to make it two for Yamaha with his first ever Superbike victory.

The podium and the win puts Beaubier at the top of the standings after round one, leading Hayden in second by a slim one point margin. Hayes had to settle for fifth after the second race DNF.

Yamaha also kicked off the AMA Sportbike class in style, putting in a strong performance with Jake Gagne grabbing second in the Daytona 200 on his Yamaha YZF-R6. Hot on his heels in third was Jake Lewis on his R6. The results leave Yamaha taking positions two, three and four in the overall standings with Lewis second, Garrett Gerloff third and Gagne in fourth.

“If I can get up to speed quickly, that’s how I like to start each race,” said Hayes. “You can’t get a better start to the season than a race win, unfortunately following it with a DNF is not so great!”

“This R1 Superbike is a whole different animal,” commented Cameron Beaubier. “I love racing it. It means everything to win this first Superbike race of my career! I have to thank my team and everyone at Yamaha for giving me a great bike to do it with.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.