Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wyman Wins Third AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Race

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Wyman Wins Third @AMA Pro @Vance & Hines @HarleyDavidson Race at #Daytona
Top 10 Riders Finish Within Half Second in Huge Drafting Battle

MILWAUKEE (March 15, 2014) – Kyle Wyman (KWR/Millennium Technologies) cemented his mastery of the Daytona draft by winning his third AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley Davidson series race in four career tries at Daytona International Speedway Friday, expertly setting up a final lap move that brought him to the front of an 11-rider pack battling for the victory on the last of seven laps around the famed 3.5-mile road course.

Wyman’s 0.068-second margin of victory turned the tables on runner-up Tyler O’Hara (Josh Chisum Racing/Bartels’ H-D), who last year dashed the 2011 and 2012 Daytona winner’s hopes of a third-straight win by a nearly identical margin. Gage McAllister (Folsom H-D) rounded out the podium, as polesitter and defending 2013 series champion Steve Rapp (Aerostar Global/Suburban Motors H-D) fell back in the early laps with a mechanical issue.

“It was awesome,” Wyman said. “This is what we live for, and I was just loving it. That’s the third win for me, and I just love this place. I spent all winter thinking about coming here to Daytona. I’m just so happy to be up here. It was a long year last year, and I feel like we’re off on the right foot."

Making a strong start from the second row of the grid, O’Hara took the lead into the first turn and led the pack over the line to complete the first lap. As the race developed, a succession of riders hit the front, including former series champions Michael Barnes (Chili Pepper Racing) and Danny Eslick (Ruthless Racing/Trev Deeley Motorcycles), as the leading group grew from five to seven to 11 riders on the last lap.

With each rider dicing for the best position from which to contest the critical last-lap sprint out of the backstretch chicane through the track’s final banked corners, Eslick, the 2010 series champion, found himself in the unenviable position of leading at the exit of the chicane. Sensing the swarm of riders ready to overtake him, he backed off on the high banks, slotting back into the train in fourth position, but as the pack came to the line five-wide, it was Wyman who had outfoxed everyone. Sling-shotting into the lead as the pack crossed the start-finish line, Wyman’s winning margin over 11th place finisher David Estok (Thrashed Bike Racing) was only 0.647 second.

The second round in the AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley Davidson series is May 30-June 1 at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis.

Daytona International Speedway Race Results:

1. Kyle Wyman (KWR/Millennium Technologies), 7 laps
2. Tyler O’Hara (Josh Chisum Racing/Bartels’ H-D), +0.068
3. Gage McAllister (Folsom H-D), +0.108
4. Nicholas Hansen (Aerostar Global/Suburban Motors H-D), +0.132
5. Benjamin Carlson (Suburban Motors H-D), +0.185
6. Eric Stump (OPR/Liberty Chevrolet), +0.231
7. Danny Eslick (Ruthless Racing/Trev Deeley Motorcycles), +0.245
8. Hayden Schultz (Chili Pepper Racing), +0.252
9. Michael Barnes (Chili Pepper Racing), +0.311
10. Barrett Long (Longevity Racing), +0.580
11. David Estok (Thrashed Bike Racing), +0.647
12. Ryan Kerr (Wiseco Performance Products), +4.991 seconds
13. Shane Narbonne (Six Four Motorsports), +25.440 seconds
14. Shelina Moreda (Chili Pepper Racing), +29.765 seconds
15. Paul James (Hoban Cycle/Spectro Oils), +29.864 seconds
16. Darren James (Trev Deeley Motorcycles), +29.953 seconds
17. Josh Chisum (Josh Chisum Racing/Bartels’ H-D), +30.018 seconds
18. Sam Rozynski (Soundwaves.com/Sirius XM Radio), +39.739 seconds
19. Ricky Parker (Acco.org/Chili Pepper Racing), +39.795 seconds
20. Joseph Rozynski (Soundwaves.com/Sirius XM Radio), +1:03.115
21. Jerrett Martin (CPL Systems/Aggressive Insurance), +1:22.671
22. Todd Keesee (Brevard Superbikes), +1:23.095
23. Jon Foy (Jupiter Cycle Racing/Heroic Racing), +1:59.144
24. Steve Rapp (Aerostar Global/Suburban Motors H-D), 3 laps
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.