Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Honda (UK) Confirms 2014 Motorcycle Racing Plans

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Honda (UK) Confirms 2014 Motorcycle #Racing Plans

11 March 2014, 09:00
Honda (UK) confirms its official involvement in the 2014 British Superbike Championship with a three-strong line-up of riders competing under the Honda Racing banner in the Superbike and Superstock 1000 classes.
Former Australian Supersport Champion Jason O’Halloran and double Endurance World Champion Freddy Foray will form a two-man squad for the full Superstock 1000 Championship, competing aboard the new track-focused Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machine in a tricolour design.
For four selected rounds of the British Superbike Championship, the Honda Racing team will be joined by current Endurance World Champion Julien Da Costa. The Frenchman will ride in the Superbike class at Snetterton, Donington Park, Silverstone and the final Brands Hatch outing as part of the continued development programme for the CBR1000RR Fireblade ahead of Honda’s planned full-time return to BSB in 2015.
The BSB line-up completes Honda (UK)’s racing activity for 2014, which also includes involvement in the Maxxis British Motocross Championship and the Pro Nationals series with Buildbase Honda and Putoline Apico Honda. Buildbase Honda will run a three-strong team in the MX1 class with Elliott Banks-Browne, Brad Anderson and Nez Parker aboard the Honda CRF450R, while Putoline Apico Honda will contest the MX2 class with James Harrison and Neville Bradshaw aboard the CRF250R.
The Maxxis British Motocross Championship kicks off on 16 March from Landrake MotoParc in Cornwall while the 2014 British Superbike Championship will begin on 21 April from Brands Hatch in Kent.
Neil Tuxworth – Honda (UK) Racing
While we’re obviously disappointed not to be defending our 2013 British Superbike title but we’re very pleased to have some involvement in the championship for 2014. Julien Da Costa competing in four rounds of the Superbike championship will enable us to continue developing the Fireblade machine ready for a full return to the class in 2015. We’re also excited to be contesting all rounds of the Superstock season with the new Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP. We’ve retained the services of Jason O’Halloran – who has won Superstock races for us before – and we’re also very pleased to welcome double EWC championship Freddy Foray to the team. It’s a strong line-up in road racing and we’re coming with a strong effort in off-road too in 2014. We’re looking forward to bringing home some positive results this season.
Jason O’Halloran
This will be my fourth consecutive season with Honda UK and my seventh year as a Honda rider (I spent three years with Honda Australia before I came to the UK). Honda has played a big part in my racing career so it’s great to be continuing with them for 2014. I’m looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead this season and I’m especially looking forward to racing the new Fireblade SP. With the new machine and Honda (UK) behind me I believe we have everything in place to succeed and I won’t be looking for anything less than a championship win. I’ve worked hard over the winter to prepare and I can’t wait to get started.
Freddy Foray
I’m really pleased to be back in the UK racing in the Superstock 100 championship and back with the Honda (UK) team, who I rode with for a few BSB rounds at the end of 2013. I can’t wait to race the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP and after a full winter test schedule, we will be well prepared for a successful 2014.
Julien Da Costa
I’m very excited to come back to British Superbikes, especially with the reigning championship team and machine. It is a fantastic opportunity for me to test and develop the new Fireblade SP and I’m really looking forward to the year ahead. I know it will be a tough challenge but I will do my absolute best to get on the podium before the final round at Brands Hatch.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.