Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART FIGHTS ON DESPITE DAYTONA DAMAGE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

STEWART FIGHTS ON DESPITE #DAYTONA DAMAGE

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 10.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart is unsurpassed when it comes to rising to the occasion as at round 10 of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida he turned in an amazing ride after his bike was damaged at the start.

Florida native Stewart was eager to race the challenging, motocross-style track at Daytona, and enjoyed two good practice sessions and a solid heat race where he finished second. In the Main Event, however, Stewart got off the line in a tight group of riders when one went down. In the melee, Stewart’s bike sustained damage and he pulled into the pits. After a quick fix, he returned to the race and turned flawless laps on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to finish 18th.

“Daytona was not good, as far as results go,” said Stewart. “I came around the first corner and a rider was down. I swerved out of the way but his handlebar caught my header pipe. I didn’t know what the problem was so I rode about a lap. I thought my bike was blowing up so I pulled into the pits and my Yoshimura Suzuki guys saw the header pipe was smashed in. They fixed it and I got back on and I rode really, really good. Fitness-wise, I felt unbelievable. This might be the best ride I’ve had all year but I finished 18th. There was just nothing I could do; these things happen. But overall I feel good and I feel confident. All we can do at this point is win some races and make some things happen. Now I’m looking forward to Detroit and getting back to winning.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the 11th round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships on Saturday, March 15th at Ford Field in Detroit.

Daytona 450 Supercross Results:

1. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
2. Ken Roczen (KTM)
3. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
4. Broc Tickle (RCH Suzuki)
5. Andrew Short (KTM)
6. Will Hahn (Honda)
7. Dean Wilson (Kawasaki)
8. Matthew Goerke (KTM)
9. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
10. Josh Grant (Yamaha)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.