Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DUAL SX PODIUM FOR KTM AT DAYTONA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DUAL SX PODIUM FOR #KTM AT #DAYTONA

@RedBull @KTM Factory Team riders Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey both scored a podium finish at the tenth round of the Monster Energy Supercross Series held at Daytona International Speedway.

The two teammates and rivals are now 2-3 in the championship points with Dungey in second at 181 and Roczen of Germany in third just one point behind. Both ride the KTM 450 SX-F.

Dungey put together a solid heat race finishing fourth in the first 450 SX heat to transfer into the main event while Roczen was able to pull off a third place finish in heat number two.

“The track was very soft today and it caused a lot of ruts to form,” stated Roczen. “It made for a challenging race but it was exciting with such a huge crowd cheering us on.”

In the main event, Dungey leaped off the line to a decent start rounding the first corner in fourth position. Roczen was a few spots back sitting in eighth. Then within the first lap, Dungey moved into third while Roczen picked up two spots moving up to sixth.

Roczen continued to advance through the pack making as many passes as he could manage in the opening laps so as not to lose time on the lead riders. On the fourth lap he was able to move around Andrew Short to pick up fifth place. Two laps later, Roczen reeled in Malcolm Stewart and passed him over the wall jump to take over fourth position. Once in fourth he began to close in on the third place ride of his teammate, Dungey.

At the halfway point the two Red Bull KTM teammates found themselves in a three-man train with Dean Wilson battling for second position. On lap thirteen, Roczen took an outside line in the corner before a rhythm section and slipped by his teammate. Dungey maintained his blistering pace and stuck to Roczen’s tail. Two laps later, Roczen and Dungey both pressured Wilson until he buckled and both riders moved into a podium position. The two teammates held their positions and went on to finish second and third respectively for the night.

“They did quite a bit of work to help the track, but it was still really tough,” stated Dungey. “I spent a lot of time trying to get around Wilson tonight but was finally able to make the pass. I’m glad to be back on the podium.”

Roczen stated, “I had to fight my way through the pack tonight. It was a lot of work but the track was actually pretty fun and I am really happy with a second place finish.”

BTO Sports/KTM rider Andrew Short put in his best finish of the season landing a fifth place result. His finish put three KTMs inside the top five. The points earned tonight helped Short move up two positions in the overall standings to sixth place.

Next Event: Detroit, MI – March 15, 2014

Results US Supercross Rd. 10 Daytona
450-class
1, Ryan Villopoto, Kawasaki, 26
2, Ken Roczen, KTM, 22
3, Ryan Dungey, KTM, 20
4, Broc Tickle, Suzuki, 18
5, Andrew Short KTM, 16
Other KTM
8, Matthew Goerke, KTM, 13

Championship Points after Rd. 10
1, Villopoto, 209
2, Dungey, KTM, 181
3, Roczen, KTM, 180

Manufacturer’s Points after Rd. 10
1, Kawasaki 225
2, KTM 219
2, Suzuki, 190
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.