Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART FIGHTS BACK AT INDY SUPERCROSS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

STEWART FIGHTS BACK AT #INDY #SUPERCROSS

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 3.

@Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart demonstrated true grace under pressure at round nine of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Saturday night.

Stewart rallied after another rider collided with him just off the start, charging through the field on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to finish a well-earned seventh place.

Stewart’s day in Indianapolis started out on a positive note, with the Yoshimura Suzuki rider posting the fastest qualifying time during the day’s practice sessions. Then, he went on to dominate all-comers on the rutted, challenging track to take his sixth heat-race win of the season.

“My heat race went pretty good,” said Stewart. “I was able to get out front on my Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 and put some good laps into it. After the heat, I knew the track was going to be gnarly in the Main Event as it was super-rutted.”

Despite the demanding nature of the Indianapolis track, Stewart was feeling confident going into the 20-lap Main: At the start, he got a good launch but within seconds, another rider hit him from behind and he went down. Undaunted, Stewart got up, dusted himself off and rejoined the fray almost dead last. Despite this, he gave 100 percent and picked off the competition one-by-one and finished a solid seventh place.

Said Stewart: “I was right there in, I think, a top-five start and then, boom, I was on the ground. Everything was all twisted up – I tried to fix my handlebars as good as I could, but they were still pretty bent – and I had to try to get back. I just fought my way up, and for the first half of the race, I was struggling. Then everybody started coming back and I was able to catch up to seventh. Obviously, it wasn’t what we wanted but I did everything I could. I’m all right, I’m healthy and I’m looking forward to going to Daytona and racing in a Florida town. I feel good, I feel very fast and super-confident, and we’ll get it next weekend.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the 10th round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships on Saturday, March 8th at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Indianapolis 450 Supercross Results:

1. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
2. Eli Tomac (Honda)
3. Cole Seely (Honda)
4. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
5. Broc Tickle (RCH Suzuki)
6. Andrew Short (KTM)
7. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
8. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
9. Josh Hill (RCH Suzuki)
10. Dean Wilson (Kawasaki)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.