Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TICKLE SCORES BEST SX FINISH AT INDY

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TICKLE SCORES BEST SX FINISH AT #INDY

Team #Suzuki Press Office – March 3.

RCH Soaring Eagle Suzuki’s Broc Tickle picked-up his best-ever Supercross finish with fifth place at Saturday’s ninth round of the AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at Indianapolis – as team-mate Josh Hill carded ninth in the 450 Main Event.

Both RCH Soaring Eagle Suzuki RMZ-450s were flying in qualifying, easily turning lap times inside the top-10. Tickle was eighth-fastest in the afternoon sessions and Hill was literally a fraction of a second behind his team-mate (55.491 v 55.646) and about a second slower than the fastest lap set by Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart.

In the 450 Main Event, Hill was caught-up in a first-turn crash with Ken Roczen and Stewart, and while team-mate Tickle was winning the war of attrition as riders like Roczen and Pieck retired with damaged bikes, Hill had his work cut out for him, but put in an amazing ride. After being at the back of the pack for the first five laps, Hill eventually hooked-up with Stewart and the two of them knifed through the pack, clocking some of the fastest lap-times of the race as he kept charging to a top-10 finish.

Said Hill: “I made some big strides today with my bike, my health and most importantly, my attitude. Coming from dead last all the way up to ninth was good. But the fact that I actually had fun doing it is great!”

Said Tickle: “I got off to an okay start in around 10th and knew I needed to be solid for the full 20 laps. I rode smart and smooth. Meanwhile guys were making mistakes and I started picking them off. I latched onto RV (Ryan Villopoto) and stayed right behind him for the rest of the race. Tonight turned around and I got my best 450 Main Event result after we started the night chasing settings.

“I'm looking forward to building on this result. I can't thank everyone in the RCH Soaring Eagle crew enough for all their hard work. It's paying off!”

Indianapolis 450 Supercross Results:

1. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
2. Eli Tomac (Honda)
3. Cole Seely (Honda)
4. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
5. Broc Tickle (RCH Soaring Eagle Suzuki)
6. Andrew Short (KTM)
7. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
8. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
9. Josh Hill (RCH Soaring Eagle Suzuki)
10. Dean Wilson (Kawasaki)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.