Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

INJURIES FOR HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES’ GRAHAM JARVIS & JAMIE MC

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#INJURIES FOR #HUSQVARNA #MOTORCYCLES’ GRAHAM JARVIS & JAMIE MCCANNEY

THE BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING TEAM HAS BEEN DEALT A DOUBLE INJURY BLOW THIS WEEK WITH TEAM RIDERS GRAHAM JARVIS AND JAMIE MCCANNEY BOTH PICKING UP INJURIES.
Training in the UK following his winning ride at Hell’s Gate, Jarvis ‘tweaked’ his shoulder after he got wire caught in his bike’s rear wheel. Stopping him unexpectedly, Jarvis was thrown over the handlebars injuring his shoulder. A low-speed incident, despite now having to stay off a bike for a number of weeks Graham expects to be fully recovered in readiness for The Tough One – his next major Hard Enduro event.
Now back at his home in the Isle of Man following several days in hospital in France, Jamie McCanney faces a five-week lay-off. However, the 2013 Enduro Youth World Champion is hopeful of a return to racing at the opening round of the FIM Enduro World Championship in Spain. Crashing during practice for the SuperEnduro final round, Jamie fractured five ribs, damaged a lung and broke a bone in his left wrist. With no displacement of the wrist fracture no surgery was required.
Graham Jarvis: “There’s never a good time to get injured, but I guess this isn't a bad time to be injured. I’m disappointed that I’ll miss the British Extreme Enduro Championship event this weekend, but The Tough One is my next big race and that’s six weeks away. I injured my shoulder after I went over the bars. I got some wire caught in my rear wheel and it stopped my bike dead. It was just one of those things. I’ve tweaked my right shoulder, but luckily it doesn't look too serious. I will stay off a bike for two weeks and then start some physio.”
Jamie McCanney: “It’s really frustrating to have ended the SuperEnduro series with an injury, but I guess it can happen. I’d been training hard and felt I was riding better than I had all series – I was looking forward to a strong end to the championship. Unfortunately, I made a small mistake on a technical log jump and paid a big price for it. I crashed awkwardly and then my bike hit me. I fractured my left wrist, broke five ribs and damaged my lung. After a couple of days in hospital in France I’m now back home in the Isle of Man and focused on my recovery. The goal is to be ready for the opening round of the Enduro World Championship in Spain. My doctor and physio are optimistic that I can do it.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.