Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES GMBH WELCOME ROBERT JONAS AS HEAD OF M

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES GMBH WELCOME ROBERT JONAS AS HEAD OF #MOTORSPORT

Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH is pleased to announce that, with immediate effect, Mr Robert Jonas has been appointed as Head of Motorsport. Responsible for all Husqvarna Motorcycles racing activities, 39-year-old Jonas, who has worked within KTM Motorsport man-agement since 2006, will oversee all motocross, enduro, extreme enduro and Moto3 road racing programs.

As a former motocross racer Robert Jonas has been involved in motorcycle racing for much of his life. An Austrian National Motocross Champion in 1998 and 1999, he became a KTM 125cc factory rider in 2000 while also working as a KTM two-stroke test rider. With injury curtailing his racing career, Jonas re-entered KTM in 2005 to work in the road racing department. From 2006 Robert has worked alongside KTM’s Head of Mo-torsport Pit Beirer.

Mr. Stefan Pierer (KTM AG CEO): “Appointing Robert as Husqvarna’s Head of Motorsport sends out a very clear message that Husqvarna is extremely serious about all of its motorsport activities, which are a strategic tool for the continued growth of the brand. He is some-one we trust implicitly and who has the experience and enthusiasm to lead Husqvarna’s growing and vibrant motorsport department. Husqvarna Motorcycles is al-ready achieving racing success, and as the season pro-gresses we want to ensure it continues.”

Robert Jonas (Husqvarna Head of Motorsport): “To represent Husqvarna in motorsport is a real honour. I am extremely grateful that Mr. Pierer and Pit Beirer have placed their confidence in me as Husqvarna Motorcycles expand their racing activities around the world. Husqvarna will have a motorsport management and technical support system ready to handle these increasing demands – one that mirrors the hugely successful working practices of KTM motorsport. This really is a very exciting time for both the Husqvarna Motorcycles brand and myself personally.”

In 2014 Husqvarna Motorcycles will officially compete in the Motocross World Championship, Enduro and Su-perEnduro World Championship and International Ex-treme Enduro. Husqvarna will also compete in the Mo-to3 class of the FIM Road Racing World Championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.