totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA’S ALFREDO GOMEZ, MATHIAS BELLINO AND JESPER BORJES

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA’S ALFREDO GOMEZ, MATHIAS @BELLINO AND JESPER @BORJESSON DELIVER STRONG RESULTS AT 2014 #SUPERENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL ROUND

At the end of what was a night of highs and lows for the Bel Ray Husqvarna Enduro Team at the final round of the 2014 SuperEnduro World Championship in Tours, France it was Mathias Bellino who was celebrating the most having secured his first ever SuperEnduro podium result. In front of his home fans Bellino claimed a well-deserved third overall in the Prestige class. In the Junior category Sweden’s Jesper Borjesson claimed his first ever SuperEnduro win after his 1/6 results put him on the top step of the podium.

Unsure if he would even be able to ride due to tendonitis in his wrist, Bellino enjoyed a near perfect night. Second to newly crowned SuperEnduro champion Taddy Blazusiak in the opening final Bellino battled to a seventh place result in the second final. Turning his fortunes around and ensuring a podium result he placed third in the closing Prestige class final to earn the same overall event result.

Enduring a difficult few weeks following surgery for Appendicitis, Alfredo Gomez overcame a disappointing result in the night’s first final to finish fourth overall. Pleased simply to be able to compete, but unable to bring himself up to speed as quickly as he hoped, the Spaniard scored 8/3/4 results. Alfredo’s fourth place result ensured he claimed the same position in the 2014 SuperEnduro championship. Fifth in the final Prestige championship standings Joakim Ljunggren ended his night in seventh overall.

The biggest smile among the Husqvarna team was on the face of Swedish youngster Jesper Borjesson, who claimed his first ever SuperEnduro overall win. Topping the first of two Junior class races, a sixth place finish in the second final was enough to put Borjesson onto the top step of the podium.

For Women’s class title hopeful Jane Daniels the final round of the series ended in disappointment. Class leader headed into the closing event of the series, Jane held the runner-up spot for much of the Women’s final – a result good enough to secure the championship. But with the laps winding down a mistake saw her drop to third, which saw the Women’s SuperEnduro World Championship title slip from her grasp. Despite ending the three-round championship on equal points as winner Emma Bristow, Jane claimed the runner-up championship position.

Mathias Bellino: “It’s been a really good night for me, especially as I was not sure if I could even race. I had a problem with my wrist, so I have been taking some time off from riding, and wasn’t sure how I would get on. But it worked out ok and after feeling good in practice I really started to enjoy myself. To finish third overall, which is my first ever SuperEnduro podium, is really special. I struggled a lot at the start of the series, but I have worked hard and improved. To finish third here in France at the final race is a really good way to end the championship.”

Alfredo Gomez: “It’s been a difficult few weeks for me, since I had my Appendix removed. I wasn’t able to find a good feeling with the track straight away – it took a little longer than I wanted. But I am happy with fourth overall. Of course I wanted to be able to fight with Jonny Walker for third in the championship, but considering my situation I have to be happy.”

Jesper Borjesson: “I can't really believe it. For my first SuperEnduro podium to be a first place result it’s incredible – it’s been an amazing night and a great end to the series. The first race went really well for me. I didn't make any mistakes and felt good. The second race with the reversed start wasn’t great. I was riding well but some mistakes costs me. Eventually things worked out perfectly and I got the win.”

Results – SuperEnduro World Championship Round 6, France

Prestige final 1
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 6:50.899; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 6:57.077; 3. Jonny Walker (KTM) 7:06.070; 4. David Knight (Sherco) 7:26.896; 5. Dani Gibert (Gas Gas) 7:32.480; 7. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 7:40.654; 8. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 6:53.437; 9. Xavi Leon (Husqvarna) 7:01.848

Prestige final 2
1. Jonny Walker (KTM) 7:05.511; 2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7:09.504; 3. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 7:28.878; 4. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 7:30.624; 5. Dani Gibert (Gas Gas) 7:31.097; 7. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 7:42.905; 8. Xavi Leon (Husqvarna) 7:44.182

Prestige final 3
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 6:50.855; 2. Jonny Walker (KTM) 6:58.090; 3. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 7:10.452; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 7:21.704; 5. David Knight (Sherco) 7:23.890; 10. Xavi Leon (Husqvarna) 7:08.691; 11. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 7:27.126

Prestige class (overall)
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 59; 2. Jonny Walker (KTM) 55; 3. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 42; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 36; 5. David Knight (Sherco) 34; 6. Dani Gibert (Gas Gas) 32; 7. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna); 8. Paul Bolton (KTM) 26; 9. Xavi Leon (Husqvarna) 21; 10. Giacomo Redondi (Beta) 18…

Junior final 1
1. Jesper Borjesson (Husqvarna) 7:15.210; 2. Magnus Thor (Husqvarna) 7:23.434; 3. Gethin Humphreys (Sherco) 7:27.607; 6. Rob Johnson (Husqvarna) 7:42.675

Junior final 2
1. Pawel Szymkowski (KTM) 7:28.088; 2. Eloi Salsench (KTM) 7:28.156; 3. Owain Humphreys (Sherco) 7:32.227; 4. Magnus Thor (Husqvarna) 7:33.289; Jesper Borjesson (Husqvarna) 7:45.444;

Junior class (overall)
1. Jesper Borjesson (Husqvarna) 30; 2. Magnus Thor (KTM) 30; 3. Pawel Szymkowski (KTM) 26; 4. Eloi Salsench (KTM) 25; 5. Owain Humphreys (Sherco) 24; 6. Gethin Humphreys (Sherco) 23; 7. Gary Daniels (Sherco) 22; 8. Andreas Linusson (KTM) 18; 9. Aurelien Addesso (Suzuki) 18; 10. Rob Johnson (Husqvarna) 14…

Women’s final 1 & Overall
1. Emma Bristow (Sherco) 7:18.985; 2. Sandra Gomez (Husaberg) 7:29.573; 3. Jane Daniels (Husqvarna) 7:34.368; 4. Marion Gimbert (TM) 9:11.101; 5. Valerie Rouche (Beta) 4:15.839
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.