Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MILLER TOPS TIME SHEETS AFTER 2ND ROUND OF MOTO3 TESTS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MILLER TOPS TIME SHEETS AFTER 2ND ROUND OF #MOTO3 TESTS

#RedBull #KTM Ajo’s Jack Miller was the fastest Moto3 rider on the Jerez circuit after three days of tests ahead of the World Championship season. Miller saved the best till last, setting his fastest lap time and a new lap record of 1:46.046 in the third session on the final day.
The Australian rider, new to the factory team in 2014 said it had been a good and productive three days. “We were able to put in laps consistently, which was our main goal. I felt very comfortable on the bike, KTM brought us plenty of stuff to try out and I enjoyed myself on the bike,” Miller said at the end of the tests.

Miller’s factory teammate Karel Hanika also had an exceptional improvement in his lap times on the final day, rounding off his week’s work fourth fastest on the time sheets. The young Czech rider is in his rookie season with Moto3 having advanced to the senior ranks as 2013 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Champion.

"Today with the team we decided that it would be better to do a few consistent laps rather than one quick lap, and I think over these three days we did both. It’s important for the races, I'm happy with the results and I think that together with the team, we did awesome job. It’s amazing to be in the Top 5, Hanika said.

Factory team boss Aki Ajo was also happy man and very satisfied with his two riders, after what he said had been an intensive three weeks of testing, both private and official.

Aki Ajo: “These last three weeks have been hard work for the whole team but I am very happy with my riders. Jack was consistently the fastest rider and Karel was very strong, especially here in Jerez. Even though he’s young, he really understands how to work, not just on the bike but also to understand how to work for good times,”

"I am very happy with KTM who are really great to work with. They have worked hard and made many improvements over the winter,” he added.

The Jerez tests were another promising track outing for KTM riders in general with Jakub Kornfiel of the Czech Republic second fastest and Italian Niccolo Antonelli third to give KTM four of the five fastest and seven of the top 10.

Combined lap times after three days of Moto3 tests
1, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 1:46.046
2, Jakub Kornfiel, CZE, KTM, 1:46.256
3, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, KTM, 1:46.452
4, Karel Hanika, CZE, KTM, 1:46.645
5, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna, 1:46.646
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.