Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Three-time Speedway World Champion Jason Crump to be honoure

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Three-time #Speedway World Champion Jason Crump to be honoured at #MOTOEXPO

The inaugural @MOTOEXPO at Brisbane's RNA Showgrounds on March 21-23 will pay homage to one of Australia's most successful motorcycle racers, three-time Speedway World Champion Jason Crump.

Crump, who was crowned World Champion in 2004, 2006 and 2009 also led Australia to victory in the 1999 Speedway World Team Cup as well as both the 2001 and 2002 Speedway World Cups.

Queenslanders will have the opportunity to celebrate Crump's stellar international career, with the three-time World Champion to take to the RNA Showgrounds main arena on-board his 2012 NZ Grand Prix bike for a series of speedway demonstrations over the course of the weekend.

"I am looking forward to doing some demonstration laps at the RNA Showgrounds on my Speedway bike," Crump said. "It has been 15 years since I last raced there.

Crump will also be honoured within the MOTO EXPO 'Hall of Fame' with his 2004 World Championship winning bike, riding gear and equipment to be displayed alongside a selection of iconic racing bikes and memorabilia.

"I have some great gear that has never been seen in Australia before which will be on display in the 'Hall of Fame' alongside my 2004 championship winning bike," Crump continued.

"It is going to be a very busy weekend but I am really looking forward to it. As well as all the on track activities and the 'Hall of Fame' I will also be hosting a stand with my new venture the Australian Motorcycle Racing Academy.

"The Australian Motorcycle Racing Academy is designed to assist riders wanting to take their racing to the next level," Crump said.

Event organiser Troy Bayliss said confirming Crump to do speedway demonstrations is a huge coup for the show.

"Jason (Crump) will captain one of the teams in the Baylisstic Scramble but for me personally I am really excited about seeing him do some laps on the speedway bike," Bayliss said.

"He is a three-time World Champion and to see him on speedway bike in Australia is something very rare and special."

MOTO EXPO is set to be the largest motorcycle exhibition ever seen in Queensland. Visitors can expect to see latest products and services on display with up to 100 exhibitors participating and an incredible interactive entertainmant line-up.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.