Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Royal Enfield Unveils a Bold Pricing Strategy

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@RoyalEnfield Unveils a Bold #Pricing Strategy

2/6/2014

Exciting news for all Royal Enfield enthusiasts and riders here in the U.S. In a recent move to reposition the brand, Royal Enfield has dropped its retail pricing dramatically, shifting up its efforts to lead the mid-size motorcycle market.

With increasing global demand and a new state-of-the-art factory, Royal Enfield has set its sights on becoming a worldwide leader in the growing midsize motorcycle market. (250cc-750cc) Siddartha Lal, the CEO and owner of Royal Enfield, kicked off the campaign by setting the tone immediately with the MSRP of the new 535cc Continental GT Café racer at only $5,999, much lower than industry observers expected.

Kevin Mahoney, the CEO of Classic Motorworks (the exclusive US importer of Royal Enfield), stated lowering the MSRP prices on the rest of the product line naturally followed suit from Siddartha Lal’s vision for the GT and the brand positioning overall. “We have always been a unique high value brand. Our high volumes (over 250,000 units will be sold globally in 2014) and increased efficiency allow us to make this aggressive move. We have lowered the MSRP on some of our products by almost $1,400.

The suggested retail price range of the product line now starts at $4,999 and tops out at $5,999 for the new 535cc Continental GT. This effort in repositioning Royal Enfield as a brand will not only put more bikes on the road, but simultaneously gain more of the market share here in the U.S. We are thinking long-term with this move and feel the timing and the opportunity to grow even more will ensure success for Royal Enfield in the U.S.”

With an ever growing dealer network be sure check our dealer locater to find an Authorized Dealer nearest you. http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/locat ... /usa/start “Made Like a Gun” Get your Enfield today!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Royal Enfield Unveils a Bold Pricing Strategy

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I can't understate how absolutely incredible this deal is.

A new motorcycle with character for just $4,999 to $5,999; amazing. No other manufacturer can even come close to this.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

They need to do something about the depth of their dealer network though. All too often RE is a kind of "after thought" brand in a multi-brand dealership, tucked into a corner and not really supported by the sales and service staff. The two closest RE dealers to me are a Jeep dealership and a scooter store.

I'm not buying a bike from a Jeep dealership. Just not happening. :dontgetit:

They need to get some dealers who are really prepared to feature and support the brand, before and after the sale. The price reduction is good news though.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

jstark47 wrote:They need to do something about the depth of their dealer network though. All too often RE is a kind of "after thought" brand in a multi-brand dealership, tucked into a corner and not really supported by the sales and service staff. The two closest RE dealers to me are a Jeep dealership and a scooter store.
There's two main reasons why you don't see a lot of dealers jumping on the RE bandwagon - one is that there is not enough money to be made selling them, the other is that they are still pretty much a niche market bike. We (the bike shop where I work) have been an RE dealer since 2011 and, although there has been a lot of tire kickers in the last couple years, sales are not as high as what they should be for these well made machines. Hopefully, the price reduction will change that.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Gummiente

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

MSRP just released by Royal Enfield Canada; retail prices on all models have dropped just over $1k and the Continental GT rings in at $6800. The bad news is that the Electra, Electra Standard and Electra Deluxe are dropped from the lineup and no longer in production.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

Gummiente wrote:The bad news is that the Electra, Electra Standard and Electra Deluxe are dropped from the lineup and no longer in production.
Those were not UCE engine bikes, right? Not really bad news for me, the UCE bikes are the first RE's I'd ever consider owning. I bet the previous-generation engines are still in production though, for domestic consumption in India.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

jstark47 wrote:Those were not UCE engine bikes, right? Not really bad news for me, the UCE bikes are the first RE's I'd ever consider owning. I bet the previous-generation engines are still in production though, for domestic consumption in India.
All R's since 2010 come with the UCE, including their domestic market. The Electra series was the more traditional looking bike with bench seat, 19" wheels, fork gaiters and other styling cues straight from the 50's. I think they are closer to the "true" Brit bike look than the solo seat Classic models, but they have not had stellar sales in North America so off they go.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride