Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Nick Burson Wins Round Two

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nick #Burson Wins Round Two

Beta/Purvines Racing's Nick Burson kicked a monkey off his back after winning round two of the AMA National Hare and Hound Championship held in Ridgecrest, California on Sunday. Burson raced all the way to the finish line ahead of KTM rider Ivan Ramirez claiming his first win in the series. This also marks Beta's first AMA National Hare and Hound win.

Burson describes the end of the race, "About halfway thru the loop I checked back behind me through a valley and noticed I had a pretty sizeable lead. This was probably not a good thing for me. At that point I realized it was possible to win and I started to get nervous a little bit. I rode way to cautious from about mile 60 to 75. I allowed 2nd place, which was now Ivan Ramirez to catch up right on my back wheel. At this point I was not about to allow him to pass me with only 10 miles left in a race I had lead all day. I started just riding as fast as I possibly could but trying to not make any mistakes as well. There were a few tight sections left and I made some good choices and would put a little gap on him but then with me trying to follow ribbon and him just following me it would allow him to close up. I made it through the final tight section and new the finish was close. I held it wide open over the last few hills and brought it home for my 1st overall victory in the National Hare and Hound series!!!"

Nick Burson gets his first win (photo by Kato)

Burson with his Beta 498 RR is all smiles after the race (Photo by Kato)

The rest of the Purvines team also placed very well at the event with Justin Morrow and Axel Pearson finishing a respectable 4th and 5th on the day giving Beta three positions out of the top five. Rounding out the team's amazing day was Tallon Taylor finishing in 11th.

Justin Morrow on his way to a solid 4th place finish (Photo by Kato)

Axel Pearson and his 450 RR in Ridgecrest (photo by Kato)

Number 14 Tallon Taylor finished 11th for the day (Photo by Kato)

American Beta is the exclusive distributor of Beta Off Road, Dual Sport, and Trial motorcycles in the United States and has a network of more than 130 dealers. For more information go to: www.americanbeta.com
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.