Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Van Beveren Takes Maiden Enduro du Touquet Win with Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Van #Beveren Takes Maiden #Enduro du Touquet Win with #Yamaha

23yr old Adrien Van Beveren out performed a host of two-wheeled stars to take victory in Sunday’s Famous Enduropale Touquet. The classic beach race proved to be yet again a drama filled event with the weather a major obstacle to be overcome. Whilst the 2012 race featured snow and last year’s was troubled by high tides it was the rain that dampened the progress of the riders in 2014.

The weather didn’t stop Yamaha from dominating the event, with the highest number of entries overall and an impressive five of the final top ten positions claimed.

Despite the water Van Beveren was able to triumph on his Yamaha YZ450F. The Yamaha Racing France rider battled with KTM rider Antoine Meo for more than an hour over the three hours of gruelling racing and strategically timed pit stops. He finally took the lead with just 20 minutes of the race remaining. The Frenchman from Pas de Calais held the front to cross the line with a 20 second advantage for his first ever Touquet victory.

Adrien Van Beveren

Yamaha Racing France

"I finally did it, what a happiness ! The race didn’t start very well but I wanted to believe in it up to the end, due to the experience which I had, I knew that nothing is ever acquired and winning was still possible. I gave everything I had and was more relaxed at the end of the race. I have been waiting for this victory for so long… The fulfillment of my life… Today I’m a different man… This is the victory of my life. I made so many sacrifices and suffered a lot to get this.

Today that was not hell and not the most difficult part. That was the previous months and all the work which was made. I cried today but those were tears of happiness. I decided to win this race one year ago… It’s just awesome!"

Le Touquet Final Results (Top Ten)
1. Adrien Van Beveren FRA Yamaha
2. Antoine Meo FRA KTM
3. Steve Ramon BEL Suzuki
4. Arnaud Degousee FRA Yamaha
5. Jean Claude Mousse FRA Yamaha
6. Marc de Reuver NLD Honda
7. Milko Potisek FRA Yamaha
8. Yves Deudon FRA Kawasaki
9. Julien Tournessi FRA KTM
10. Tom Lahousse BEL Yamaha
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.