Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART & SUZUKI WIN SAN DIEGO SX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

STEWART & #SUZUKI WIN #SANDIEGO SX

Team Suzuki Press Office – February 10.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart captured his first win of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross season at round six of the series at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California on Saturday night.

Stewart dominated, racing his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to his 46th-career Supercross victory and moving-up yet another position in the overall championship points.

The San Diego race weekend was a good one overall for Stewart: After posting the fastest qualifying time during the day’s practice sessions, he went on to turn-in a rock-solid performance in his heat race and finish second. In the night’s Main Event, Stewart got a good start and took the lead before the end of lap one. After that, he set a competitive pace and led all 20 laps to take victory.

Said Stewart: “I felt like I was riding good. This win has been six weeks coming, but I finally got a good-enough start and the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 got me up-front on the first lap. I felt great and, about halfway through the race, I felt even better. I just kept feeling stronger and stronger as the race went on. I have to hand it to the Yoshimura Suzuki team; they’ve been fighting for me. Now, hopefully we can build on this momentum as we head into Dallas. We’ll keep on fighting and keep on believing - and hopefully do it again.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the seventh round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships on Saturday, February 15th at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

San Diego 450 Supercross Results:

1. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
2. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
3. Ken Roczen (KTM)
4. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
5. Weston Peick (Suzuki)
6. Justin Barcia (Honda)
7. Eli Tomac (Honda)
8. Broc Tickle (RCH Suzuki)
9. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
10. Andrew Short (KTM)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.