totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

AMA Pro Flat Track Stand-out Shayna Texter Moves to Grand Na

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@AMA Pro Flat Track Stand-out Shayna Texter Moves to Grand National Championship with Latus Motors #Racing and Joe Kopp

Former Grand National Champion Joe Kopp to Ride in Select Rounds

Gladstone, Ore. (Feb. 5, 2014) – Up-and-coming Pro Flat Track sensation Shayna Texter, the first female to win an AMA Pro Singles main event, is moving up to the Grand National Championship by piloting Latus Motors Racing’s Castrol Triumph.

In 2013, Texter posted two AMA Pro Singles main event victories (Sacramento, Indianapolis), swept the two Basic twins main events at Springfield, and finished fourth in the Pro Singles championship. In 2012, she won three AMA Pro Singles main events (Sacramento, Knoxville, Tucson) en route to finishing fifth in the championship. In 2011, Texter won the Pro Singles main event at Knoxville Raceway to become the first female to win an AMA Pro Singles main event.

“I always said that I would turn expert when the right time came with the right bike,” said Texter. “Testing the Triumph at the end of last season gave me great insight into how well the bike performs. That and the opportunity to work with someone like Joe Kopp made this an easy decision.”

Joe Kopp, former AMA Grand National Champion and 13th on the all-time Grand National win list, is Team Manager for the Latus Motors Racing Flat Track program. This year, along with his duties as team manager, Joe will join his protégé when he races at the Lima (Ohio) Half-Mile, the Virginia Mega Mile, and the season-ending Flat Track Finals at the L.A. County Fairplex.

“My main focus will be helping with Shayna’s effort,” said Kopp. “But I am looking forward to getting back in a race and having some fun dicing it up. It’s time to start training because I really want to run up front.”

Team owner George Latus feels that he has a pair of proven winners and is excited about his rider line-up for 2014.

“Shayna has a lot of talent, a tremendous desire to win, and an incredible ability to communicate with her team,” said George Latus, owner of Latus Motors Racing. “Joe is still a very competitive guy and when he expressed interest in getting on the bike for a few rounds I told him that I thought it was a great idea and should be a lot of fun.”

Latus Motors Racing is sponsored by Castrol, Triumph, GE Capital, FreedomRoad Financial and Lucky Brand, as well as Werkes USA, Race Tech, BikeMaster, Cometic, ET, K&N, Saddlemen, Superlite, Mad Hatter painting, Matrix, Motion Pro, Pro Plates, StreetMaster, Wiseco and The Secrets of Speed.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.