Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART MOVES UP AT ANAHEIM SX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

STEWART MOVES UP AT #ANAHEIM SX

Team #Suzuki Press Office – February 4.

@Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart admittedly struggled at round five of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship on Saturday night, but still managed to put in a very respectable ride on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California, bringing home a solid seventh-place result and moving into the top five in the overall championship points.

Stewart started the night off on a positive note in his 450 class heat race by getting a great start and taking the lead immediately. He went on to ride perfectly for all six laps and capture his third consecutive heat race win of the year. In the 20-lap Main Event, Stewart took the holeshot but then got shuffled back to fourth. He continued to fight for a podium spot for the first half of the race before getting hit by another rider and going down. Despite this, he remounted and made his way through the field to finish seventh.

“We ended up seventh,” said Stewart. “I don’t know, I was sliding out everywhere and making mistakes. I felt good going into the Main Event and then I don’t know what happened. I still feel good; this was just a tough weekend for me. We still have a lot of racing left and we’ll get it figured-out before San Diego next weekend.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the sixth round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships on Saturday, February 8th at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California.

Anaheim 3 - 450 Supercross Results:

1. Chad Reed (Kawasaki)
2. Ken Roczen (KTM)
3. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
4. Justin Barcia (Honda)
5. Weston Peick (Suzuki)
6. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
7. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
8. Jake Weimer (Kawasaki)
9. Andrew Short (KTM)
10. Ivan Tedesco (KTM)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.