Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HAYDEN JOINS YOSHIMURA SUZUKI FOR AMA SBK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#HAYDEN JOINS @YOSHIMURA #SUZUKI FOR @AMA #SBK

Team Suzuki Press Office – January 29.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing heads into the 2014 AMA Pro Superbike season with a three-rider Suzuki GSX-R1000-mounted line-up as former AMA SuperSport Champion Roger Hayden joins Martin Cardenas and Chris Clark in the premier class.

Prior to joining Yoshimura Suzuki, Hayden raced the GSX-R1000 for one of Suzuki’s satellite teams. He picked-up his first-ever AMA Pro Superbike victory in 2012 before finishing third overall in the series. He followed-up that performance by finishing on the podium six times and fourth overall in 2013. Additionally, Hayden raced as a wild-card entry in the 2013 World Superbike round at Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway and finished eighth.

Said Hayden: “To be on a factory team is a great feeling, especially a powerhouse team like Yoshimura Suzuki that’s won so many championships. I got the chance to ride the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 last year and the test went really good. I was fast on the bike and worked well with the team. I have to thank Suzuki and Yoshimura for making this happen. I’m really looking forward to the 2014 season. Daytona can’t come soon enough.”

This year marks the second season that two-time AMA Pro Daytona SportBike Champion Cardenas has raced for Yoshimura Suzuki. Last year, his debut was more-than impressive with the Colombian winning two AMA Superbike races and finishing on the podium an additional nine times.

Yoshimura Suzuki team-mate Clark is on his third season with Yoshimura Suzuki and, after starting strong with a top-five finish at Daytona last year, looks forward to getting on the podium in 2014.

“Everyone at Yoshimura Suzuki is looking forward to this season,” said Race Director Don Sakakura. “Our goal is always to support our riders to the best of our ability and we are fortunate to have so much talent to work with. We’re very excited to have Roger with us, what with the potential he showed riding for one of Suzuki’s satellite teams. And Martin had a great first year with us last year and we’re eager to help him take his racing to the next level. And Chris continues to work hard and get stronger with every season. Our team is better than ever and we can’t wait to go racing.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing will campaign the championship-winning Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the 2014 AMA Pro Superbike Championship series, which kicks off March 13-15th with round one at Daytona International Raceway in Daytona Beach, Florida.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.