Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART FIGHTS BACK TO OAKLAND SX PODIUM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#STEWART FIGHTS BACK TO #OAKLAND SX PODIUM

Team Suzuki Press Office – January 27.

#Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart turned in an outstanding performance at round four of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at O.Co Coliseum in Oakland, California on Saturday night.

After finally getting over the cold that has plagued him for the last few rounds, Stewart raced his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to second place and picked-up his second podium-finish of the season.

Stewart came into the weekend having won twice before in Oakland. Feeling healthy and confident, he qualified second fastest and then holeshot his heat race and took the win. In the 20-lap Main Event, Stewart overcame a rough start and worked his way through the field and by the race’s half-way point, he’d moved into a podium position and then was awarded the ‘Progressive Pass of the Race’ when he overtook for second place. Although he considered making a late-race charge, he decided to hold tight and finish on the podium.

Said Stewart: “The race at Oakland was good. I pulled the holeshot in the heat race and got the win. Then we went back and made some changes to the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 before the Main Event. But then I blew the start so I had to make some passes and take some chances. I slowly made my way up and got around most of the guys one-by-one. I was closing-in on the lead little-by-little and then almost crashed in the whoops and decided that finishing second would be OK. I wanted to be smart and be there every weekend. I’m happy with two seconds in a row. I felt good and it showed in the Main Event, but we’ll keep on working towards getting the win at Anaheim 3.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the fifth round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championships on Saturday, February 1st at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California.

Oakland 450 Supercross Results:

1. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
2. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
3. Chad Reed (Kawasaki)
4. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
5. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
6. Ken Roczen (KTM)
7. Justin Barcia (Honda)
8. Will Hahn (Honda)
9. Jake Weimer (Kawasaki)
10. Andrew Short (KTM)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.