Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Pata Honda Team presented at Verona Motor Bike Expo

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 #Pata #Honda Team presented at Verona #MotorBike Expo

The 2014 Pata Honda team that will contest this season’s FIM World Superbike and World Supersport championships was presented this afternoon at the Motor Bike Expo exhibition at Verona in Italy.

The team comprises the same rider line-up as in 2013 with British riders Jonathan Rea and Leon Haslam riding the new Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP in the 14-round World Superbike championship which kicks off at Phillip Island in Australia on 23 February.

Meanwhile, following their rookie seasons in 2013, Dutch rider Michael van der Mark and Italian ace Lorenzo Zanetti will challenge for honours on Honda’s CBR600RR in the World Supersport series, which also starts at Phillip Island next month.

The team presentation took place in front of hundreds of media and motorcycle racing fans on day two of the increasingly popular Motor Bike Expo at Verona. The show is taking place just 70km from the headquarters and factory of Pata, Italy’s famous snack manufacturer which is title partner of the Pata Honda team for the second year.

Jonathan Rea
Jonathan Rea - Pata Honda World Superbike

It was quite difficult at times in 2013 and the season ended badly in injury, but my leg feels OK now. It’s not quite 100% and I have some discomfort walking on it, but on the bike it’s fine. This team feels like a family to me now and knowing all the faces and how the team works helps me to get the best out of the package and the people around me. We all share the same goals but it feels like there’s been a change of mentality for this season – everyone is even more focused than usual. By the time we get to Phillip Island we will have tested a lot, and we’re really pushing hard, so I think that if anyone is in good shape to challenge at the front when the season starts, it’ll be me and my team.

Leon Haslam
Leon Haslam - Pata Honda World Superbike

Last season was definitely one to forget for me. We started a little bit on the back foot and then I broke my leg just after round two. I’m training again quite strongly now and the team’s been working 24-7 on the bike, mainly on the electronics, so we’ll be aiming to maximise what we have from the start of the season and see where that puts us. It’s fantastic to have Pata back on board this year – it’s a really good, family-run company and I didn’t really get a chance to show them what I’m capable of last year. I’d love to repay them with some podiums and some wins this season and have some good after-race parties!

Michael van der Mark
Michael van der Mark - Pata Honda World Supersport

We have already tested the CBR600RR and there have been a lot of improvements which we noticed immediately. The team has overcome some of the big problems we had last year with some new software updates so we can head into the new season with some confidence. I was very happy with my first season in World Supersport and to get on the podium in my first race at Phillip Island was fantastic. So, it’s great to be back with the team again and I can’t wait to start racing again.

Lorenzo Zanetti
Lorenzo Zanetti - Pata Honda World Supersport

Yes, I think I improved a lot as a rider last year after quite a difficult start. The bike has definitely improved as well, especially in the electronics, and I think we have a good way forward for this coming season. I am really looking forward to working with this team again and to challenging for the podium in every race.

Ronald ten Kate
Ronald ten Kate - team manager

It’s clear that 2013 wasn’t a great year for us – the riders got injured quite heavily but, in a way, that allowed us to step back and review the whole situation, looking at the bike and what we would be needing for the coming season. So, we’ve had a big development plan and brought in a lot of parts for the bike. The electronics have been upgraded massively over the winter and we’ve got a good testing programme, so I think we can say we’re better prepared than ever before. The new Honda Fireblade SP is good step forward, especially for road riders and those taking it on to the track. We’re already using a lot of that upgraded technology like suspension and brakes, and the engine improvements will be useful, too. We’re pulling out all the stops and with four talented and determined riders, I firmly believe that we can compete for race wins this season and even two championships.

Carlo Fiorani
Carlo Fiorani - Honda Motor Europe

It is very nice for us to have Pata and Tonello and all our other sponsors with us again for the 2104 season. They have once again confirmed their support for this team, even though the results last year were not very good. We had two big crashes with our Superbike riders and we had many issues, so its good that we can retain the trust of our sponsors and we will try our hardest to reward their continued faith. The team has worked hard, even over the Christmas period, to make a competitive Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP for the 2014 season. The bike is a step forward from last year and, of course, we will be pushing harder than ever to get some good results.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.