Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI WINS AT 'KING OF THE MOUNTAIN' MX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SUZUKI WINS AT 'KING OF THE MOUNTAIN' MX

Team Suzuki Press Office – January 21.

Brad Groombridge raced his Bel Ray Pro Rider Suzuki RM-Z450 to a double MX1-class victory at Sunday’s ‘King of the Mountain’ Motocross at Taranaki in New Zealand, along with picking-up another victory in event’s feature race.

Although repeating the success he enjoyed when winning the big stand-alone Taranaki event in 2012 - and continuing the winning-trend he has enjoyed for the early part of this season - it wasn’t plain-sailing for the 23-year-old, with two-time former national champion Michael Phillips grabbing the early lead in all three races.

But, each time, the BikesportNZ.com-supported rider managed to find a way past his rival, although for the feature-final he had to do that half a dozen times.

Said Groombridge: “That was a bit of a battle that one. I made a few mistakes on the slick track; in fact the track got trickier as it dried out during the day. The hard-packed soil was very treacherous and it was hard to pick lines. Michael (Phillips) was strong and he forced me to try different lines to get past him. I had to experiment a little. My fitness is probably the best it’s ever been at the moment and I’m looking forward now to the New Zealand Motocross Grand Prix at Woodville next weekend - and then that national championships that follow next month.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.