Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART & YOSHIMURA SUZUKI 2ND AT ANAHEIM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

STEWART & #YOSHIMURA #SUZUKI 2ND AT #ANAHEIM

Team Suzuki Press Office – January 20.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart celebrated his first podium of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross season on Saturday night at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, California.

Although Stewart still struggled with lingering illness, he pushed through-it and raced his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to a well-earned second place at the second of three Anaheim rounds.

Although Stewart wasn’t 100 percent all day, he still qualified third-fastest in the premier 450 class. He went on to get a good start in his six-lap heat race and pulled into the lead right off the bat. Taking advantage of a clear track, Stewart pulled a gap and rode six perfect laps on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to claim his first heat race win of the season. In the 20-lap Main Event, Stewart again got a good start and slotted quickly into second place. He went on to lead the race and fend-off aggressive attacks from the competition before eventually finishing second.

Said Stewart: “In all honesty, I was just a tick-off all day. I was happy to win my heat race and I rode pretty good in the Main Event. I led for a little while and the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 was running great. But then a guy got by me with about three-or-four laps left. It’s frustrating to lose like that but I’m happy to be on the podium for the first time this year. I’m still fighting this cold but I’m getting stronger. So right now, it’s about limiting my mistakes, not throwing it away; and getting what I can get. I’m just looking forward to going to Oakland and making things happen.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next event is the fourth round of the 2014 AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship on Saturday, January 25th, at O.Co Coliseum in Oakland, California.

Anaheim 2 450 Supercross Results:

1. Chad Reed (Kawasaki)
2. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
3. Ken Roczen (KTM)
4. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
5. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
6. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
7. Weston Peick (Suzuki)
8. Josh Hill (RCH Suzuki)
9. Andrew Short (KTM)
10. Jake Weimer (Kawasaki)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.