Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Podium 3rd for Dungey at Phoenix SX; 250 win for Anderson on

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Podium 3rd for Dungey at #Phoenix SX; 250 win for Anderson on #KTM

Red Bull KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey picked up a podium third in the 450-class Round 2 of the Monster Energy Supercross at Phoenix on Saturday night after a hard fought battle where he led for most of the race.

Teammate Ken Roczen of Germany was sixth, following up on a win in the opening round and American Andrew Short, now back on a KTM was seventh. Dungey and Roczen are 2-3 in the points after two rounds.

In the 250 class (West Coast) Jason Anderson, riding the Rockstar KTM picked up his second win to leave Phoenix with a perfect scorecard while Red Bull KTM’s rookie rider Dean Ferris of Australia was a creditable seventh in only his second SX ride.

Dungey was on the gas all day turning quick times in his afternoon practices for a top gate pick for his heat race. He nailed the holeshot in his heat and went on to lead every lap for another top qualifying spot for the main event.

He then got away well in the main and was third at the first corner before quickly advancing to second place, close behind Jayson Brayton, before the first lap was out.

Meanwhile Roczen, who transferred into the main event from a semi-race win after missing qualifying from his heat by one position, was hard on Dungey’s rear wheel with Justin Barcia close behind.

The three swapped positions back and forth for a lap before Barcia cut across Roczen’s line and clipped his front wheel. Roczen crashed, dropped five places but recovered to finish in sixth when the flag dropped.

Meanwhile, Dungey had put pressure on Brayton while Villopoto moved up behind. The three were all almost side with five laps to go when Villopoto made a block pass on Dungey. Villopoto then moved around Brayton for the lead and the trio remained close for the rest of the race finishing in that order

“I really wanted the win tonight,” commented Dungey. “I felt great all day today and was really confident in my riding. I just couldn’t make the pass when I needed to tonight but I am glad to remain consistent and finish on the podium.”

SX 250 Class West Coast
While it was another win for Jason Ferris in the 250 class, Red Bull KTM’s Dean Ferris did well to finish in seventh in only his second SX. The Australian felt ill all well and did not have a lot of time on the practice track between Anaheim and the Phoenix Supercross races. 

Ferris earned the final qualifying spot in his heat race after getting a decent start and hanging on to finish ninth. He was in the middle of the pack at the start of the main and was sitting at tenth at the end of the first lap. He rode a consistent race to advance three places at the end of the 15-lap race.

“I am very happy to earn a top ten finish tonight,” commented Ferris. “I’m new to Supercross so each week, during practice and racing I am learning a lot and making improvements. I am glad to get a better finish for my team this weekend and hope I can continue to work toward a top five result.”

Next Event: Anaheim, CA – January 18, 2014

KTM Results
Supercross Rd. 2 Phoenix
450 class
1, Ryan Villopoto, Kawasaki, 20 laps 

2, Justin Brayton, Yamaha, at +01.032

3, Ryan Dungey KTM, +03.778

4, James Stewart, Suzuki, +08.751

5, Justin Barcia, Honda, +10.652

Other KTM
6, Ken Roczen, GER, KTM, 14.379

7, Andrew Short, KTM, +24.55

12, Ivan Tedesco, KTM +46.015

15. Matthew Goerke (KTM), +1 lap

450 class overall standings 

1, Villopoto 43
2, Dungey 42
3, Roczen 40

Results SX Rd. 2
250 Class (West Coast)
1, Jason Anderson, KTM, 15 laps

2. Cole Seely, Honda, +02.429

3. Zach Osborne, Honda, +27.440

4. Dean Wilson, Kwasaki, +35.417

5. Malcolm Stewart, Honda, +48.770

Other KTM

7. Dean Ferris, KTM, +54.567

19, Ruben Alanis
20, Killian Aubertson

250-class overall standings
1, Anderson 50
2, Seely 44
3, Osborne 40
10. Ferris
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.