Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HIP INJURY BLOW FOR STRIJBOS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HIP INJURY BLOW FOR #STRIJBOS

Team #Suzuki Press Office – January 8th.

Rockstar Energy Suzuki's Kevin Strijbos is likely to face a four-week spell on the sidelines after breaking part of his pelvis bone as a result of a crash while training at Lommel in Belgium today.

The 28 year old crested one of the smaller jumps around the former Grand Prix venue and could not avoid clipping a fallen rider’s motorcycle in the sand. Strijbos was taken to hospital complaining of hip pain.

The Belgian was examined by renowned sport surgeon Dr. Claes at the Herentals Hospital and scans revealed a small portion of his pelvis had broken away. Strijbos will now have to stop preparations for the upcoming 2014 FIM MXGP World Championship for a month to allow the injury to heal. He will miss-out on scheduled training and the team’s official photo-shoot in Spain but should be back on his bike before the first GP in Qatar on March 1st.

Kevin Strijbos:

"Obviously I'm pretty gutted about this. When I got to the face of the jump I saw someone waving but it was already too late to react and I landed with my front wheel just in front of the seat of the fallen bike. It's a setback, and a shame, as my preparations were going really well. We had a super-good training week with the team in Portugal and everything was heading in the right direction. Sadly it is one of those things that is a part of our sport."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.