Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Off road champ debuts on the tar

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Offroad champ debuts on the tar

If you can ride a bike on the dirt, odds on you will be able to ride on the tar too. But it does help if you happen to be one of the world's fastest enduro riders.

Despite a number of differences in technique, it didn't take Team Australia 2013 ISDE winner Jemma Wilson long to get her head around road bike riding as she punted a new MT-09 around Eastern Creek recently.

“I've never ridden on the tar much at all and certainly not on a road bike, so was looking forward to this experince. And I loved every minute of it. The MT-09 has so much instant power and the level of grip is amazing - so different to sliding around on a YZF in the bush," explains the 24 year-old Queensland enduro champion.

Wilson joined an all girls Stay Upright ride day at Eastern Creek where the focus was on developing braking and cornering skills. Despite her tar novice status, Wilson was soon cutting some fast laps on Yamaha's new triple cylinder sports roadster.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.